Iulian Prodan
Iulian Prodan
Romania
Local time: 18:38
English to Romanian
+ ...
Mar 24, 2014

Hi,

I think I'm level C1 - C2 in English, but I still have to fully clarify the usage of tenses.

Do you know any complicated exercises/tests on tenses? I'm searching the most complicated ones, and combined for all tenses.

I'm currently reviewing the grammar, and in Murphy's and Hewings grammar books it is quite easy, because you have the rule and then the exercise to apply it which makes it fairly intuitive.

If you know any website, book... I'v
... See more
Hi,

I think I'm level C1 - C2 in English, but I still have to fully clarify the usage of tenses.

Do you know any complicated exercises/tests on tenses? I'm searching the most complicated ones, and combined for all tenses.

I'm currently reviewing the grammar, and in Murphy's and Hewings grammar books it is quite easy, because you have the rule and then the exercise to apply it which makes it fairly intuitive.

If you know any website, book... I've tried exam simulations such as Cambridge, but they have limited questions on tenses.

Many thanks
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:38
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Single test Mar 25, 2014

This is a punctuation test but it's also about tenses:

Punctuate this sentence:

john where jim had had had had had had had had had had had a better reception from the examiners

I'll post the answer later if you need it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking resources to practice using English tenses

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »