Adrian Aley
Adrian Aley
Japan
Local time: 07:15
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 18, 2012

Hi everyone,

I had been discussing the use of spell checks in different languages, and was wondering what the case might be in Arabic.

The discussion involves if first the language actually has a spell check, as some languages certainly don't, and the quality of Microsoft's spell check in that language. It seems that Microsoft's spell check may not be that good, or a copy of another software, so I was wondering if there are any particular traits of the language that mak
... See more
Hi everyone,

I had been discussing the use of spell checks in different languages, and was wondering what the case might be in Arabic.

The discussion involves if first the language actually has a spell check, as some languages certainly don't, and the quality of Microsoft's spell check in that language. It seems that Microsoft's spell check may not be that good, or a copy of another software, so I was wondering if there are any particular traits of the language that make it difficult to run a spell check program, and if there are any wel-known or commonly used spell checks in that language if Microsoft or TagEditor can't really be used.

I would be really interested to know what the case may be for Arabic, so please let me know!

Thanks

Adrian
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best spell check for Arabic?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »