Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
TCN6YR
TCN6YR
Japan
Local time: 05:58
Russian to Japanese
+ ...
Old monolingual with 19 tomes Nov 22, 2010

My encyclopedia is taken from my parents. Very interesting to read as there are about the countries such as USSR which are no longer exist. I haven't seen it for a very long time, but it is still useful in my opinion. I can't throw it away:)

Lifu Wang
Lifu Wang
China
Local time: 04:58
Chinese to English
+ ...
No yet - but planning to get one Nov 29, 2010

I always want to get a set of Encyclopaedia - not only for my translation job, but also for understanding the beautiful world.

Although we can search and find information on internet quite easily today, I still prefer a real book.

Follow alphabetical order and come across surprises - Fun!!

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
A sad story Nov 29, 2010

When I emigrated from the UK to the US three years ago, I left my beautifully bound set of 1990s Britannica in the street for people to help themselves to. It was there for several days, and nobody took it.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you own encyclopedias?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »