Notepad++ characters per line?
Thread poster: larsjorgen (X)
larsjorgen (X)
larsjorgen (X)
Local time: 13:49
English to Norwegian
Aug 8, 2010

Just downloaded Notepad++ as I hear that it`s a good program for translating. I have a limit of 38 characters per line, so how do I get that with this program? This is the reason I downloaded it..

juhamatti
juhamatti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:49
French to Finnish
+ ...
Why not professional software? Aug 12, 2010

If you translate from templates, nothing beats Titlevision's TV2003Edit. It's free (see http://www.titlevision.dk/ ). And I've heard only good things from those using the full version.

No worries about character counts, you can set reading speed as needed, no risk of tampering with the spotting etc. Plus you can use Word's spellchecker.

My life is too short for horsing around with Not
... See more
If you translate from templates, nothing beats Titlevision's TV2003Edit. It's free (see http://www.titlevision.dk/ ). And I've heard only good things from those using the full version.

No worries about character counts, you can set reading speed as needed, no risk of tampering with the spotting etc. Plus you can use Word's spellchecker.

My life is too short for horsing around with Notepad, Subtitle Workshop and whatnot
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notepad++ characters per line?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »