Annamaria Sondrio (X)
Annamaria Sondrio (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:40
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Jul 20, 2010

Hello everyone,
I checked the website, but I couldn't find a link to a possible trial version download...
Is there a trial version for this software somewhere?
I hope someone can help!
Thanks,
Anna

kmtext
kmtext
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:40
English
+ ...
Contact them directly Jul 28, 2010

I had a trial version of WinCAPS six years ago, so I assume they still provide one. I don't think it's available for download though. I had to request a trial version, which was delivered on disc. Unless things have changed, they supply a version which is not fully operational. There are limitations to what it will do. Some features are disabled and there can be limitations on saving and export formats.

Annamaria Sondrio (X)
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And now? Jul 28, 2010

Thanks, I will contact them and see if I can get one as well.
As it seems to me you have experience, is there another software you could suggest (professional)?
Thank you again.
Anna

Diana Battaglio
Diana Battaglio  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:40
English to Italian
+ ...
Professional software Sep 11, 2010

Annamaria Sondrio wrote:

is there another software you could suggest (professional)?

Hi Annamaria! My suggestion: Softel Swift ADePT. It is very similar to Wincaps. I think you might like it. I actually like it more than Wincaps.

About other softwares: I think that SPOT and EZTitles offer a trial version, but check on their website, as I am not sure.

Annamaria Sondrio (X)
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Love at first sight... Sep 11, 2010

Dear Diana,

Thank you very much for your suggestions! After writing this post, I actually tried all the software listed, and I have to say that the people from Softel have been very nice, as they sent me a 30 days trial free disc (the other two do offer a trial version online, as you mentioned). Thing is, I still find WinCAPS to be the best subtiling sw on the market, or maybe, the most suitable to me.

Thank you again for your hint and say hi to London from me!
<
... See more
Dear Diana,

Thank you very much for your suggestions! After writing this post, I actually tried all the software listed, and I have to say that the people from Softel have been very nice, as they sent me a 30 days trial free disc (the other two do offer a trial version online, as you mentioned). Thing is, I still find WinCAPS to be the best subtiling sw on the market, or maybe, the most suitable to me.

Thank you again for your hint and say hi to London from me!

[Edited at 2010-09-11 15:56 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wincaps trial version?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »