Benchmark Resource: SMIL for Subtitling - Ever heard of it?
Autor wątku: James O'Reilly
James O'Reilly
James O'Reilly
Niemcy
niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
Nov 6, 2008

Wikipedia: SMIL

SMIL (pronounced /ˈsmaɪl/ "smile"), the Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language, is a W3C recommended XML markup language for describing multimedia presentations. It defines markup for timing, layout, animations, visual transitions, and media embedding, among other things. SMIL allows the presentation of media items such as text, images, video, and audio, as well as links to other SMIL presentations, and files from multiple web servers. SMIL markup is written
... See more
Wikipedia: SMIL

SMIL (pronounced /ˈsmaɪl/ "smile"), the Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language, is a W3C recommended XML markup language for describing multimedia presentations. It defines markup for timing, layout, animations, visual transitions, and media embedding, among other things. SMIL allows the presentation of media items such as text, images, video, and audio, as well as links to other SMIL presentations, and files from multiple web servers. SMIL markup is written in XML, and has similarities to HTML.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronized_Multimedia_Integration_Language

A further non-commercial resource under Creative Commons License (just like Wikipedia) also contributes
to SMIL. Check the Italian/English language example:

http://collaborative-translation.ning.com/group/subtitling
Collapse

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
Chiny
Local time: 22:19
Członek ProZ.com
od 2011

angielski > chiński
+ ...
Is SMIL still under development? Nov 12, 2008

I read a little about SMIL about 6 months ago. I remember that since SMIL is so complex, it would cause much trouble to programmers, no subtitle software developer was willing to support it by then.

SMIL format standard was under development up to six months ago. I do not know if it have been completed and I am not sure if any program can support it by now.

[修改时间: 2008-11-12 13:45]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Benchmark Resource: SMIL for Subtitling - Ever heard of it?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »