getting started with html
Thread poster: Agnieszka Majchrzak
Agnieszka Majchrzak
Agnieszka Majchrzak  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:21
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2007

I don't have yet much experience translating html files. How do you prepare them for work with TagEditor? I would much appreciate your help. I use Trados 7.
I browsed the previous forums to find any similar questions, but with not good results. I might have missed some threads, though.

Pavel Blann
Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
basic answer Jun 6, 2007

it's simple after starting the tageditor:

1. open the html file (Ctrl-O), save it as ttx (Ctrl-S)
2. translate the file, saving it along the way (Ctrl-S)
3. save it as html again (File -> Save Target As...)

Agnieszka Majchrzak
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
simple Jun 6, 2007

Thanks for prompt reply.
I have a major problem, though. TagEditor shows message Runtime Error and rejects to save the document. I posted this thread some time ago on a technical forum but to no avail. Somebody knows anything about it?

Daniel Hartmeier
Daniel Hartmeier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:21
English to German
+ ...
similar problem Jun 6, 2007

Hi Agnieszka.
I have a similar problem with TagEditor but with a ppt file on SDL Trados 2007, Vista with Office 2007. Saving the target, a Runtime error appears and the TagEditor shuts down. Yesterday, I have sent a support question to SDL Trados.
However, I was able to save the target file after retranslating it with another computer with XP, Office 2003 and SDL Trados 2006.
As soon as I receive an answer, I will inform you, maybe it is the same problem.

Agnieszka Majchrzak
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
would be great Jun 6, 2007

daniel,
I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

getting started with html

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »