Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Does anyone know what has happened to Microsoft Language Portal?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Philip Ivanov
Philip Ivanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 23:13
English to Bulgarian
MS Terminology for Bulgarian Jul 1, 2023

I've converted the Bulgarian TermCollection file into an sdltm for easy use in Studio. Date of download from MS is 29 April 2023. I can send you a Google Drive download link if any Bulgarian translators have missed the deadline.

Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:13
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apparently all is there Jul 1, 2023

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
Just as test I tried to look for the Dutch translation of the word "file" (which is "bestand"), couldn't find it.

I just performed your search...

Clipboard01

And the translation is right there.

Getting used to the new form might take some time, but apparently everything is there. I just wish we could still be able to select subsets based on products.

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:13
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Search based on products is possible Jul 2, 2023

Jaime Oriard wrote:

Getting used to the new form might take some time, but apparently everything is there. I just wish we could still be able to select subsets based on products.

I just tried the interface, and the search based on products appears to be possible:

Microsoft UI search

In order to search based on the products, you have to search the UI strings, not the glossary. Here are the links:

Search the glossary (basic terminology search - "official" Microsoft terminology)

Search the UI strings (can be filtered by product - strings from all or most Microsoft products)

Jaime Oriard
Martin Bilík
Lamine Boukabour
Mr. Satan (X)

Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 21:13
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
Alternative Jul 18, 2023

https://msit.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiODJmYjU4Y2YtM2M0ZC00YzYxLWE1YTktNzFjYmYxNTAxNjQ0IiwidCI6IjcyZjk4OGJmLTg2ZjEtNDFhZi05MWFiLTJkN2NkMDExZGI0NyIsImMiOjV9

[Edited at 2023-07-18 19:48 GMT]

Mr. Satan (X)

AcornTr_US
AcornTr_US  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:13
French to English
+ ...
Here is the Microsoft Langauge Portal link Aug 30, 2023

Hi all,
I'd like to reassure you that the language portal in question hasn't disappeared; Microsoft simply
changed the interface a little bit. Here's the link:
... See more
Hi all,
I'd like to reassure you that the language portal in question hasn't disappeared; Microsoft simply
changed the interface a little bit. Here's the link:
https://msit.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiODJmYjU4Y2YtM2M0ZC00YzYxLWE1YTktNzFjYmYxNTAxNjQ0IiwidCI6IjcyZjk4OGJmLTg2ZjEtNDFhZi05MWFiLTJkN2NkMDExZGI0NyIsImMiOjV9
Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 22:13
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why don't I get any translated terms displayed when searching the new Microsoft Terminology Search? Oct 6, 2023

I searched on the simple term interface, and all I get are definitions in English even though I have selected Swedish as locale in the drop-down.

Josephine Cassar
Robert Rietvelt

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:13
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Seems to be working Oct 13, 2023

Hi Frederik,
I searched on the simple term interface, and all I get are definitions in English even though I have selected Swedish as locale in the drop-down.

Just tried it and am getting the translations. The definitions are in English (first list box: concept), the translated terms appear in the selected target language (second list box).

It is quite possible that the former UI behaved differently. I liked it better than the new one.

Philippe

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
ugh Dec 31, 2023

what a crappy interface...

Oh well, better than nothing I suppose.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
BUt Dec 31, 2023

Philip Lees wrote:

Indeed. From my personal experience this usage dates back at least twenty years, and it probably goes back a lot longer.

That doesn't make it any better. I continue to use the verb "to deprecate" in its proper sense, and to deprecate the way in which it has been adopted by people who (presumably) never knew of it before (who may well be the same people who think "momentarily" means "in a short time from now").

[Edited at 2023-12-31 17:04 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know what has happened to Microsoft Language Portal?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »