I am looking for an accountant in the UK (preferably in the North West region or North Wales)
Thread poster: Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation
Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation
Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 22, 2004

Hi,

Can any of you based in the UK can recommend me an accountant/bookeeper? I need his/her help to fill out the famous "self-assesment form". Preferably, I need someone who has experience working with translators so that he/she knows how our business works.
My current accoutant is charging, in my opinion, too much and in general I am not too happy working with her =(

Many thanks in advance.

Cecilia

Julie Allison
Julie Allison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Accountant in North Wales Nov 4, 2004

Hi Cecilia,

You may remember me - we were in contact a couple of years ago? I live in Connahs Quay and used to be a Police Officer before turning to interpreting and translation etc?

In any case I hope you're well and that business is going swimmingly!

I use an accountant called MANDY BEBBINGTON who is in Rossett (not far from either of us). She is very friendly and down to earth - not at all stuffy and formal! I've used her the last 2 years and she is grea
... See more
Hi Cecilia,

You may remember me - we were in contact a couple of years ago? I live in Connahs Quay and used to be a Police Officer before turning to interpreting and translation etc?

In any case I hope you're well and that business is going swimmingly!

I use an accountant called MANDY BEBBINGTON who is in Rossett (not far from either of us). She is very friendly and down to earth - not at all stuffy and formal! I've used her the last 2 years and she is great - very approachable for someone like me who just doesn't do numbers!

I will send you her phone no to your private e-mail address.

If you would like her e-mail address or other info, just let me know. Let me know how you get on with her.

Best regards,

Julie Allison

[Edited at 2004-11-04 18:20]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am looking for an accountant in the UK (preferably in the North West region or North Wales)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »