Do they know anything about translation?
Iniziatore argomento: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 06:23
Membro (2003)
Da Finlandese a Tedesco
+ ...
Nov 30, 2021

From an old customer I got a job. Part of it are documents from docuglobe system. The text is split into normal text and in between key words as variables like code B - blabla /code. Yhe purpose would be to translate the normal text and the system would introduce the keywords from an excel table.
Because the source text is German, this couldn't even work when translating into English. Quite impossible for my target language Finnish.
They promise easy translations from their system: <
... See more
From an old customer I got a job. Part of it are documents from docuglobe system. The text is split into normal text and in between key words as variables like code B - blabla /code. Yhe purpose would be to translate the normal text and the system would introduce the keywords from an excel table.
Because the source text is German, this couldn't even work when translating into English. Quite impossible for my target language Finnish.
They promise easy translations from their system: https://gds.eu/de/redaktionssysteme/docuglobe
The funny side to it is that the text with these variables is much longer than the normal text would be, so the costs for translation would be higher. But I told my customer that the result would be ridiculous.

[Bearbeitet am 2021-11-30 14:26 GMT]
Collapse

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Svezia
Local time: 05:23
Da Tedesco a Svedese
+ ...
Declensions... Nov 30, 2021

It wouldn't even work in Swedish (a simple language with few declensions).
Unless the variables are menu commands or something like that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do they know anything about translation?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »