Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Japanese font Feb 29

Hans Lenting wrote:

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 11.42.10

[2024-02-28 10:42 GMTに編集されました]

In Safari and Firefox on Mac and iPhone. Not in Chrome. Does the dev team only test in Chrome????

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:29
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
@Hans Feb 29

I don't think that this has anything to do with Firefox, Chrome or Safari. I get ProZ in English (as chosen by me), but occasionally (and randomly) also in French, Italian or German.

[Edited at 2024-02-29 15:45 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:29
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
@Hans Mar 2

Did you click on a link on Proz (any page) which the default language was in Japanese?

I sometimes experience the same thing.
My default settings for Proz are in English, but say, for example, when I access the Visitors tab in my profile page and someone in say, France, accessed my profile and when I click that particular profile page to find out what that person from France viewed, the default language of that page s/he accessed is in French. And when I close the other tabs
... See more
Did you click on a link on Proz (any page) which the default language was in Japanese?

I sometimes experience the same thing.
My default settings for Proz are in English, but say, for example, when I access the Visitors tab in my profile page and someone in say, France, accessed my profile and when I click that particular profile page to find out what that person from France viewed, the default language of that page s/he accessed is in French. And when I close the other tabs I opened in my default language (English) before I accessed the French default page and close the French default page last and access Proz the next time, the French page which I closed last becomes the default page for my Proz pages. This happens not only in French but in Japanese or even German.

To fix this, you can go to the right bottom of your Proz page where there is an icon next to "Accessibility" where a language is displayed and can change the setting. Or, if you have a particular Proz page saved in your Favorites in Microsoft Edge in your default settings, you can click on it to open a new page and close the other Proz tab which is not in your default language first and then close the new page. Then, from next time on, the page setting of your default language setting should resume as default.
Collapse

Barbara Carrara

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
@Lucia Mar 4

Notifications about KudoZ discussion entries are still not working...

Michele Fauble
expressisverbis
Alison MacG
Barbara Carrara
Christel Zipfel

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same thing here Mar 4

ibz wrote:

Notifications about KudoZ discussion entries are still not working...

And I still didn't get any notification of the replies to this thread (49 so far in the meantime). I think the whole situation is starting to become untenable any longer.

ibz
Barbara Carrara

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Joke Mar 5

The communication about the progress in resolving all these problems and bugs has become a complete joke. I conclude nobody knows what's going on and no one has any idea what to do about it or the site owners simply don't have the means to properly address these problems. The rest are pathetic attempts to polished marketing and/or damage control.

ibz
Barbara Carrara
Anna Sarah Krämer
expressisverbis

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
We know, still working on it Mar 5

Developers fixed job alerts last week and started working on forum and KudoZ notifications on Friday (job notifications were prioritized over KudoZ and forums). I have been working with them on these issues personally, testing each notification carefully with different test profiles. We'll continue working on these two notification types for the rest of the week and until they are fixed (and you confirm to me that they are fixed). So, as I said in my last post, I'll post back here as soon as I h... See more
Developers fixed job alerts last week and started working on forum and KudoZ notifications on Friday (job notifications were prioritized over KudoZ and forums). I have been working with them on these issues personally, testing each notification carefully with different test profiles. We'll continue working on these two notification types for the rest of the week and until they are fixed (and you confirm to me that they are fixed). So, as I said in my last post, I'll post back here as soon as I have any news. Thanks!

Lucia
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:29
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Lucia Mar 5

My first support ticket regarding bugs (Kudoz notifications) dates from June 2009!

Barbara Carrara

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
This is not the same issue, María Teresa Mar 5

The current issue with email notifications has been clearly explained in the first page of this same thread, https://www.proz.com/post/3025039#3025039

But just in case, and to be clear one more time:

1. The current issue with email notifications (KudoZ, forums, other) is a result of bugs introduced during the recent PHP upgrade as explained in the first page of this thr
... See more
The current issue with email notifications has been clearly explained in the first page of this same thread, https://www.proz.com/post/3025039#3025039

But just in case, and to be clear one more time:

1. The current issue with email notifications (KudoZ, forums, other) is a result of bugs introduced during the recent PHP upgrade as explained in the first page of this thread.

2. Site staff are aware of these issues and we are working on different fixes.

3. We understand your frustrations and the need to express them, but at the same time posting once, twice, three times and even more about an issue that we have already acknowledged and said we are working on will not fix that problem (I wish it would!)

So, I appreciate your patience on this matter, and again, I'll post back here as soon as I have any news. In the meantime, and to stay on-topic and make this threads useful for everyone participating and reading, I encourage everyone to post below to let us know if you start receiving any notifications in the next few days (mostly forums and KudoZ), and if there are any other email alerts that you think you should have received, but you didn't. This will help me to keep better track of reports and test issues one by one. Thanks!

Lucia
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Help needed with confirming forum notifications are arriving Mar 5

Hi again, everyone.

One of our developers has applied a few adjustments to forum email notifications. I run some tests myself using a test profile with a non-ProZ.com email address and I started receiving the following forum email notifications (I'm using subject lines to specify them):

• New topic [{thread title}]
  • Reply to topic [{thread title}]
  • Reply to your topic [{thread title}]
  • [ProZ.com] Your forum post was moved to a more appro... See more
  • Hi again, everyone.

One of our developers has applied a few adjustments to forum email notifications. I run some tests myself using a test profile with a non-ProZ.com email address and I started receiving the following forum email notifications (I'm using subject lines to specify them):

• New topic [{thread title}]
  • Reply to topic [{thread title}]
  • Reply to your topic [{thread title}]
  • [ProZ.com] Your forum post was moved to a more appropriate forum
  • [ProZ.com Forums] {reason for removal}
  • [ProZ.com Forums] Your forum posting has been approved

Can you tell me if you are also receiving these? If so/if not, which ones? Any details you may provide will be appreciated.

Also, if you have some time to help me test, I have a private forum we can use. Just post below and I'll add you so that we can test further. Thanks again!

Lucia ▲ Collapse

•  
    Zea_Mays
    Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
    Italy
    Member (2009)
    English to German
    + ...
    can help with testing Mar 5

Regarding notifications, I just noticed I didn't get one recently, but I don't remember for what thread.

Barbara Carrara

brovxidfmgan (X)
    brovxidfmgan (X)
    . Mar 6

Commenting to test the forum notification system. My posts need to be approved before being published. If things are working well, I should receive an email notification when this goes live. I'll write several other posts as well, and shall report the result back here.

[Edited at 2024-03-06 05:39 GMT]

Christel Zipfel
    Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
    Member (2004)
    Italian to German
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Not only aren't we still getting what we paid for Mar 6

(see my first post where I asked for an appropriate refund of our membership fee for the inconveniences we had to suffer around the last 12 months), but we are now also asked to test for free the functionality/reliability of the notifications of the site. I am kind of puzzled.

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Can you tell me if you are also receiving these? If so/if not, which ones? Any details you may provide will be appreciated.

Also, if you have some time to help me test, I have a private forum we can use. Just post below and I'll add you so that we can test further. Thanks again!

Lucia

BTW, the title of this thread has been changed. It was "I am so sick of these bugs!" which is not exactly the same meaning. I can't frankly reproduce the necessity of a change, after 2 months and 56 replies.

Lieven Malaise
    ibz
    Christopher Schröder
    Zea_Mays
    expressisverbis
    Barbara Carrara

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
    Portugal
    Local time: 10:29
    Member (2007)
    English to Portuguese
    + ...
    @Lucia Mar 6

What’s going on in the background has been until now rather secretive and for me the result is exactly the same whether it's the same issue or not. I hope that everything can finally be resolved once and for all...

Christopher Schröder
    Zea_Mays
    Lieven Malaise
    expressisverbis
    Barbara Carrara

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)

CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
    Anycount & Translation Office 3000
    Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »