expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 09:23
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 24, 2021

This morning I have received a job which title is "Danish > English Medical Obstetrics and Gynecology Department".
Their languages requirements are native Speakers in Spanish and the language pairs in need are from English into Spanish and English into Portuguese.
Because I'm not a native speaker of Spanish ("... are native speakers of Spanish (You have not reported that you are.) [Edit]"), I can't send them an email (not that I am interested in working with such a messy agency, but
... See more
This morning I have received a job which title is "Danish > English Medical Obstetrics and Gynecology Department".
Their languages requirements are native Speakers in Spanish and the language pairs in need are from English into Spanish and English into Portuguese.
Because I'm not a native speaker of Spanish ("... are native speakers of Spanish (You have not reported that you are.) [Edit]"), I can't send them an email (not that I am interested in working with such a messy agency, but only to ask them to write a "decent" job offer!)
I don't know if I am allowed to disclose the link of this job, but I believe the Proz team should warn this company to re-write this complete mess.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
P.L.F. Persio
Michele Fauble
Eric Dos Santos
Robert Forstag

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Sandra Dec 24, 2021

I received the same job posting and had exactly the same reaction: what a mess! But as I am in a very good mood today I responded to it just out of curiosity to see how things go from here…

Merry Christmas to you too!

expressisverbis
Khaled El shahaat
P.L.F. Persio

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:23
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
One possible explanation Dec 24, 2021

This company posted two nearly identical jobs shortly after each other. I suspect that they posted the first one, realised that they had made some mistakes, and then reposted it. The first time they posted it they did not specify "native speaker", but the second time they did. Could it be that you visited the list of jobs and then clicked the wrong one?

expressisverbis
Edward Potter

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Dec 24, 2021

Samuel Murray wrote:

Could it be that you visited the list of jobs and then clicked the wrong one?

No, Samuel, I haven't visited or clicked on any list of jobs. As I said, I received this job posting by email.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Sandra Dec 24, 2021

They posted it again and the second posting is still confusing. It starts saying “If interested, please send me CV and rate to [email protected] but then it says “Please submit your quote via ProZ.com by clicking the "submit quote" button at the top of this page". All quotes to the first posting were transferred to this one...

expressisverbis

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
Adding insult to injury Dec 27, 2021

It is bad enough to receive your typically unattractive low-paying "job offers" in which the source and target languages are listed correctly, the subject matter and deadline are specified, and any preliminary requirements (i.e., for completing paperwork and/or an unpaid test) are spelled out.

When one or more of these elements is either omitted or inaccurately stated, it simply adds insult to injury....

expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Messy and ridiculous job posts

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »