For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
How to Transcribe and Translate Subtitles in DotSub

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "How to Transcribe and Translate Subtitles in DotSub".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Carmen Mendoza
Carmen Mendoza  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
I won't be able to attend this time Mar 5, 2019

Hi there,
Please let me know next time you offer this trainning.

Carmen M

Karin Rockstad
Karin Rockstad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
Great introduction to subtitling Mar 7, 2019

I was very happy to attend this webinar. I had thought of getting into subtitling, as there seems to be quite a bit of work out there, but wasn't sure how to do it. Rafa gave a basic overview of DotSub, which was simple and easy to understand. She's a good instructor, speaks clearly, and breaks everything down. As she said in the webinar, DotSub is an entry-level platform, so this is perfect if you're just starting out.

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Great introduction to subtitling Mar 11, 2019

Karin Rockstad wrote:

I was very happy to attend this webinar. I had thought of getting into subtitling, as there seems to be quite a bit of work out there, but wasn't sure how to do it. Rafa gave a basic overview of DotSub, which was simple and easy to understand. She's a good instructor, speaks clearly, and breaks everything down. As she said in the webinar, DotSub is an entry-level platform, so this is perfect if you're just starting out.

Thanks, Karin! It was great to "see" you during the live presentation, and I'm glad you enjoyed the content. I hope you have fun practicing with DotSub and start receiving your first projects in the area!

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I won't be able to attend this time Mar 11, 2019

Carmen_Mendoza wrote:

Hi there,
Please let me know next time you offer this trainning.

Carmen M

Hi Carmen,

Sorry you were unable to watch this live presentation.

Later this week, Proz should make the recording available for purchase.

Should you have any questions when you get a chance to watch it, please don't hesitate to contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Transcribe and Translate Subtitles in DotSub

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »