For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Free webinar - memoQ tips & tricks

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Free webinar - memoQ tips & tricks".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Mariana Hernandez
Mariana Hernandez  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hoping for understanding Oct 27, 2015

Hi,

I love working with MemoQ and have taken many trainings in the past, unfortunately I cannot seem to get much out of them. The reason is I am not a very technical minded person, in fact I know very little about IT and I find that traditionnally, MemoQ webinars tend to be very technical and IT oriented, forgetting that many of us translators are that precisely: translators, not IT experts.

So I am hoping for a more translator-friendly webinar, aimed at us "understanding"
... See more
Hi,

I love working with MemoQ and have taken many trainings in the past, unfortunately I cannot seem to get much out of them. The reason is I am not a very technical minded person, in fact I know very little about IT and I find that traditionnally, MemoQ webinars tend to be very technical and IT oriented, forgetting that many of us translators are that precisely: translators, not IT experts.

So I am hoping for a more translator-friendly webinar, aimed at us "understanding" and benefiting more from this great opportunity.

Thank you,

Mariana
Collapse

Lucy Hofland
Lucy Hofland  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:39
Dutch to English
time not convenient Nov 2, 2015

I would really like to follow this webinar but, unfortunately, on 4 November I will be travelling at 18.00. I am assuming that this webinar will be recorded. If I sign up for this webinar, will I then be able to view it after the fact even though I had not signed in at the actual time of the webinar?

Thank you,

Lucy

Luis Fernando Carvalho
Luis Fernando Carvalho  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
The webinar might be useful for me Nov 2, 2015

I share the same thoughts you have, Mariana. In addition, the market requires us to master more than one CAT, as a rule. Agree?
'At the end', despite there's a basic logic in all the tools, this requirement from the market to master several of them sometimes feels like 'way too much to handle of IT'.

By the way, in a way, I'm a beginner; I have less than 2 years of profession. Thus, just relating to CAT tools, I still have a lot to learn!

Thak you for offering the webi
... See more
I share the same thoughts you have, Mariana. In addition, the market requires us to master more than one CAT, as a rule. Agree?
'At the end', despite there's a basic logic in all the tools, this requirement from the market to master several of them sometimes feels like 'way too much to handle of IT'.

By the way, in a way, I'm a beginner; I have less than 2 years of profession. Thus, just relating to CAT tools, I still have a lot to learn!

Thak you for offering the webinar.
Collapse

vjknd84
vjknd84
United States
Local time: 07:39
Spanish to English
+ ...
ATA Conference is the same week Nov 3, 2015

I'd like to take advantage of a few of these free webinars. I don't own any translation software and would like to see a few of these tools demonstrated. However, I will be at the ATA Conference this week, which means I'm not available to view any of these webinars. Will they be offered free later? Why schedule them the same week as the ATA Conference?

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
ATA Conference is the same week Nov 3, 2015

vjknd84 wrote:

I'd like to take advantage of a few of these free webinars. I don't own any translation software and would like to see a few of these tools demonstrated. However, I will be at the ATA Conference this week, which means I'm not available to view any of these webinars. Will they be offered free later? Why schedule them the same week as the ATA Conference?

Hi vjknd84,

Thank you for your interest in training at ProZ.com. All attendees will get unlimited access to the video recording and they will be available at My Videos page shortly after each session http://www.proz.com/videos/my_videos

You can also find useful free tutorials at http://www.proz.com/videos

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

Mihaela Bordea
Mihaela Bordea  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:39
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
query about MemoQ functionality Nov 5, 2015

Hi,
I forgot to ask a question during the live transmission: How can I save in my computer a file I'm working on, which is sent via the MemoQ server by a contractor?
Thank you, and I hope it's not too late to reply.

Mihaela

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:39
German to Turkish
+ ...
great presentation Nov 5, 2015

I liked it. It was well-organized and interesting. Thx...

Caroline Eira (X)
Caroline Eira (X)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Access to the material Nov 5, 2015

Hi there!

I subscribed myself to this webinar, but I had some personal problems and I wasn't able to join it.
Will I be able to have access to the videos and/ or materials of this webinar?

Thanks for reading this message!

Best regards,
Caroline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free webinar - memoQ tips & tricks

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »