For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2009

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2009".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Robert Cory
Robert Cory  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:26
French to English
+ ...
Trados 2007 experience Jun 30, 2010

I just finished a CAT course in my Certificate program at NYU. We used SDLX and Trados 2007 Workbench, and Tag Editor in the course for a couple of months and I have just begun to use it in some translations for work. I bought the SDLX 2009 Suite through the NYU program and have been poking around. Do you think I have too limited experience in 2007 to benefit from this transition course or should I perhaps take the Intro to Trados 2009 for beginners?

Robert

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
You need some experience to take the upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2009 training Jul 6, 2010

Hi Robert,

Sorry I did not reply earlier, somehow I missed this request.

For people who have used the product before we suggest that they start with the Upgrade course and then go onto the Intermediate.
For new users who have never used the product they should start with Getting Started and then Intermediate.
I suggest you compare the two programs on the course pages (in the box "topics to be covered during the course") to make a final decision based on your prev
... See more
Hi Robert,

Sorry I did not reply earlier, somehow I missed this request.

For people who have used the product before we suggest that they start with the Upgrade course and then go onto the Intermediate.
For new users who have never used the product they should start with Getting Started and then Intermediate.
I suggest you compare the two programs on the course pages (in the box "topics to be covered during the course") to make a final decision based on your previous knowledge.

Hope this is of help.

Regards,

Soledad
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2009

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »