Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:54
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Jan 13, 2021

Hi everyone,

I was requested to provide links to work samples and naturally, I thought of providing a direct link to the portfolio section of my Proz profile. However, I was unable to do it. There are links for My project history, My WWA, My LWA, but nothing for the portfolio. Did I miss something?

Philippe

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:54
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
RE: Jan 13, 2021

Hi Philippe,

Click on Edit Profile and then Professional History on the left pane. This is where your portfolio is. And you can use the URL as link. Is this what you're looking for?

Ekran Resmi 2021-01-13 16.08.08

[Edited at 2021-01-13 13:12 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Philippe Jan 13, 2021

Philippe Noth wrote:
I was requested to provide links to work samples and naturally, I thought of providing a direct link to the portfolio section of my ProZ.com profile.

There doesn't seem to be a way of showing just the sample translations. Your alternatives are to tell the client "see my ProZ.com profile page for sample translations" or to put your same translations into a DOC file and save it somewhere so that you can send it to any client that asks for samples. I've actually done the latter.

Philippe Noth
Dalia Nour

Philippe Noth
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite the portfolio content Jan 13, 2021

Sarper Aman wrote:

Click on Edit Profile and then Professional History on the left pane. This is where your portfolio is. And you can use the URL as link. Is this what you're looking for?

Thanks Sarper, but I believe this is the editor page for the portfolio, where it shows the titles and the controls to reorder and edit. Here is how it looks with a portfolio entry:
image_2021-01-13_142528

To show the portfolio to someone, a link should display the actual content
image_2021-01-13_142751
It appears in the profile page, but only after expanding the portfolio panel. A customer or agency will never bother to do that, hence the need for a direct link.

Philippe

Sheila Wilson
Dalia Nour

Philippe Noth
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK, it is not possible Jan 13, 2021

Samuel Murray wrote:

Philippe Noth wrote:
I was requested to provide links to work samples and naturally, I thought of providing a direct link to the portfolio section of my ProZ.com profile.

There doesn't seem to be a way of showing just the sample translations. Your alternatives are to tell the client "see my ProZ.com profile page for sample translations" or to put your same translations into a DOC file and save it somewhere so that you can send it to any client that asks for samples. I've actually done the latter.

Thanks Samuel. Now that I have the confirmation that it is not possible, I will, as you suggest, copy and paste the samples in a webpage I own. It is just a two column table after all, so it should not be too complicated.

Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Link to portfolio

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »