Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:53
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 26, 2017

There is no separate category for discussing the "Pools" feature of ProZ.com, so I am posting it here.
I noticed two things that I find very strange:

1. There is no way to search by name in the pools. If I type a name in the search field, nothing comes up, while the person whose name I typed, is in the pool. Why is it not possible to pull up someone's Pool profile by name?

2. The Certified Pro Pool displays full names, while other pools only display first name and
... See more
There is no separate category for discussing the "Pools" feature of ProZ.com, so I am posting it here.
I noticed two things that I find very strange:

1. There is no way to search by name in the pools. If I type a name in the search field, nothing comes up, while the person whose name I typed, is in the pool. Why is it not possible to pull up someone's Pool profile by name?

2. The Certified Pro Pool displays full names, while other pools only display first name and the initial of the last name. Why is this difference?

Are these bugs, or intentional design?
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no search by name Mar 10, 2018

Today I wanted to see if a certain person was in a pool - and rediscovered that typing the name is the search field does not find the person, even if he/she is actually in the pool. I am sorry for being harsh, but what kind of design for a directory of people would not have the name field indexed, for Pete's sake?
This is so trivial, how could ProZ exclude this???

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
SITE STAFF
Search by name in pools now available May 7, 2018

Hi Katalin,

Thank you for your feedback on pools. It is now possible to search by name in pools.

Mike

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 20:53
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Questions about pools May 7, 2018

Mike Donlin wrote:

Hi Katalin,

Thank you for your feedback on pools. It is now possible to search by name in pools.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I tested this now and still I can see only the forename of translators.
Jane Doe -> Jane D.

What is the reason and logic behind that in pools

1) No full names are shown within the directory?

2) No proz profile or other links of translators are shown in pools' profiles?

3) No email addresses are shown? Does that mean that translators can be reached only via proz.com?

Bests,

Katalin Sz.

[Edited at 2018-05-07 15:14 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weird things about Pools - no search by name and name display

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »