Estelle Demontrond-Box
Estelle Demontrond-Box  Identity Verified
Austrália
Local time: 03:11
inglês para francês
+ ...
Mar 10, 2009

Hi there,

I have decided to specialize in legal translations (English to French) and would like to know of any distance-learning course in legal translation (probably from France). Has anybody done one and could anybody advise me as to what to do to gain such specialization?

Thank you

Véronique L.
Véronique L.  Identity Verified
França
Local time: 19:11
inglês para francês
+ ...
MA Legal Translation Mar 10, 2009

Hi Estelle,

This link may answer your question:

http://www.city.ac.uk/languages/courses/legal_translation.html

Hope it helps!

V.

[Edited at 2009-03-10 18:10 GMT]

edithwright
edithwright
Estados Unidos
I hope this helps.. Apr 17, 2009

You can find a lot of best and accredited distance learning online schools at SchoolsGalore.com

SchoolsGalore.com is a web directory for the top online schools, colleges and universities with the links to descriptions and search options for various online courses or distance learning programs.

I hope it may be of any help to you.

MA Legal Translation Nov 1, 2009

distance learning is a very good option for this kind of a course there are many online accredited law schools offering courses in specialization in legal translation.

Monika Elisabeth Sieger
Monika Elisabeth Sieger  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 18:11
Membro (2009)
inglês para alemão
+ ...
City University London Nov 2, 2009

You could consider the MA course at the City University in London.
I am studying the progamme in my second year and I think it is quite interesting and helpful.

legal translation course Nov 1, 2011

I am also doing a legal translation certificate and I do not think, things would be any different if I were studying this course via regular campus education. I chose the online university from an online education website, which guides you quite well and helps you in finding online certificates of your choice. There is no single best website in this regard which I could recommend, ho... See more
I am also doing a legal translation certificate and I do not think, things would be any different if I were studying this course via regular campus education. I chose the online university from an online education website, which guides you quite well and helps you in finding online certificates of your choice. There is no single best website in this regard which I could recommend, however I suggest you to visit whatever website you find on online education website directory and I am sure all of them serve the purpose equally well.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Legal translation / distance learning course

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »