Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:12
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 30, 2014

Dear Colleagues,

this might be a weird request. I need to copy and paste a MMQ segment to Word or Google Translate and then bring them back to MMQ.

when there are tags, this tags will be destroyed. is there any way to preserve them?

thank you.

best regards,
Donglai

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:12
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Target? Jan 30, 2014

When you say "bring them back to MMQ" you must mean into the target text? The tags will still be in the source text, in which case you should be able to transfer them over.

[Edited at 2014-01-30 02:36 GMT]

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:12
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I just want to save the steps to move tags from sources again Jan 30, 2014

John Fossey wrote:

When you say "bring them back to MMQ" you must mean into the target text? The tags will still be in the source text, in which case you should be able to transfer them over.

[Edited at 2014-01-30 02:36 GMT]

thank you, John for your reply.

Yes, I know F8 and F9 can be used to move tags quickly from source segments. and I also create AHK to quickly add back tags of a few patterns, like tags at two ends of segments.

however, as you can see, I am that lazy and would like to save as many actions as possible:).

best regards,
donglai

Carl Carter
Carl Carter
Germany
Local time: 22:12
German to English
+ ...
F8 and F9 are the usual ways of doing it Jan 31, 2014

Hi Donglai,

Pressing the F8 or F9 key on the keyboard is the only way of doing it I know of, but I guess a bit of AHK programming will also achieve the same results. There's really not much difference in terms of speed, though, as it's just a matter of a second - press F8 and the next tag will get inserted into the target segment immediately. Pressing F9 will insert all the tags at one go - just a single press.

If you happen to use speech-recognition software together w
... See more
Hi Donglai,

Pressing the F8 or F9 key on the keyboard is the only way of doing it I know of, but I guess a bit of AHK programming will also achieve the same results. There's really not much difference in terms of speed, though, as it's just a matter of a second - press F8 and the next tag will get inserted into the target segment immediately. Pressing F9 will insert all the tags at one go - just a single press.

If you happen to use speech-recognition software together with memoQ, that can do it without you even having to touch the keyboard, I believe.

Regards,

Carl
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to copy and paste tags outside MMQ

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »