Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Leaving Yahoo - which is the safest email service?
Thread poster: Ines Burrell
Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:30
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Search deeper for scam incidents Dec 14, 2015

Inga Petkelyte wrote:Everyone mentions, no one outlines.

Just do a search for scamming in this forum, i.e.:
http://www.proz.com/forum/946
There are numerous posts, regularly showing up from time to time. In all those incidents freemail adresses (and hacked CVs...) are involved because, and here I repeat myself, their IP adresses from the sending hosts cannot be tracked (and I assume you know how easily you normally can make them visible in the mail headers).

[Edited at 2015-12-14 15:22 GMT]

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 21:30
English to German
Blue-eyedness Dec 14, 2015

Inga Petkelyte wrote:

The only specific risk - which you mention and, to my calculations, highly unlikely - is that someone can "borrow" a freemail account.
Yet, even in such a case, the only risk for the freelancer is a possible loss of an order.

A possible loss of an order? Or a possible loss of three clients, twenty friends ... or ...
I suspect you don't know what an identity theft is.

Regarding "highly unlikely":
http://bgr.com/2015/11/16/gmail-bug-email-address-phishing/

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Leaving Yahoo - which is the safest email service?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »