Google search results missing
Thread poster: Baran Keki
Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:35
English to Turkish
Jan 3

I can't see the number of search results when I search something on Google. Is anyone having the same issue? How do I fix this?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:35
Member (2008)
Italian to English
No Jan 3

Screenshot 1

Baran Keki
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 3

Like I said I don't see any search results.

gooogle

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Version Jan 3

Baran Keki wrote:

gooogle

It may depend on what version of Google you are using. Different countries have different versions. Try accessing google from a different version e.g.

https://www.google.co.uk/

Baran Keki
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Jan 3

Tom in London wrote:

It may depend on what version of Google you are using. Different countries have different versions. Try accessing google from a different version e.g.

https://www.google.co.uk/

google.co.uk worked. Thanks. Very strange though...

Tom in London

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 14:35
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Not sure about the country Jan 3

I have the same problem as Baran. The search results appear and disappear randomly. I use Google from the same country in both cases.

It’s possible they changed the version for my country, but then in five days I see results again, which would mean they change versions for my country each week.

Baran, maybe try cleaning cookies, updating Windows, and double checking if your Chrome is updated under About in settings.

Baran Keki

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Later Jan 4

Baran Keki wrote:

gooogle

Perhaps you have to wait a bit until your search eventually has been registered and will be shown the next time you (or others) search for the term in question. Still provided that anyone is looking for the term at all at least.

[Bearbeitet am 2024-01-04 21:42 GMT]

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
It only works when you are not logged in a Google account Jan 4

Until yesterday I could see the hit count without problems. This is a new thing on google.com, google.fr, google.it, google.co.uk and probably elsewhere. Now it is not visible unless I log out of my Google account. I just updated to the latest version of Chrome, and using Verbatim is not a workaround. This is an annoying bug.

Angie Garbarino
MollyRose

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
missing filter options Jan 5

Baran Keki wrote:

gooogle

The thing I find most strange is that the filter options on the right side are missing (they may be under "tools", though).
I use google.com with Firefox, and the number of search results are shown (I am logged in to my account).

[Bearbeitet am 2024-01-05 09:28 GMT]

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
nothing new Jan 5

It seems this behaviour is not new. There should be a feedback option somewhere on the page, just write them what you think about the bug/"improvement".
https://support.google.com/websearch/thread/74141590/the-number-of-search-results-is-missing-how-can-i-fix-this?hl=en

Baran Keki

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
This is really crap. I hope they reverse it. Apr 10

I'm currently running all my google searches in an incognito window, to bypass this stupid decision. I really hope they don't leave it like this.

See also this very interesting discussion on this: https://www.seroundtable.com/new-google-search-generative-experience-result-count-35481.html#comment-6432992749 (espec
... See more
I'm currently running all my google searches in an incognito window, to bypass this stupid decision. I really hope they don't leave it like this.

See also this very interesting discussion on this: https://www.seroundtable.com/new-google-search-generative-experience-result-count-35481.html#comment-6432992749 (especially the comments at the end, including my own!)

edited to add: I am currently having an argument with someone @ https://www.seroundtable.com/new-google-search-generative-experience-result-count-35481.html#comment-6432992749 who insists that these Search result numbers are meaningless. feel free to join the discussion over there, as I think he is misunderstanding something. unless I am

[Edited at 2024-04-10 16:36 GMT]
Collapse

Juan Perello

Rob Grayson
Rob Grayson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
Incognito workaround no longer works Apr 17

Michael Beijer wrote:

Up until yesterday, I was doing the same. Then, lo and behold, today I find that the hit count has also disappeared from search results in an incognito window.

This is a major blow. The only other search engine I've found that provides a hit count is Bing, which I hate for other reasons.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Same here Apr 17

The search results disappeared yesterday. This morning I had Google on, and all of a sudden my gmail popped up in the search window. I closed Google (with my gmail) and gmail itself, opened everything again, and the search results were back. (????????)

I have absolutely no idea if this means something, but maybe it makes sense to one of you 'tech boys/girls'.

Please let me know.

[Edited at 2024-04-17 16:21 GMT]

Rob Grayson
Rob Grayson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
Working again in Incognito Apr 18

This morning the hit count is back when performing a Google search in an Incognito window.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Today Apr 18

Today my hit count is back while performing in the logged-in mode.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google search results missing

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »