Asking help about the pronunceation of "Potsurnentsi"
Thread poster: nordlys75
nordlys75
nordlys75  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:59
English to Japanese
Aug 15, 2013

I have a question about the pronunciation.

I come across a name of a place "Potsurnentsi", a village from Bulgaria, when translating English article.

I'd like to know how to pronounce it, because, as a English-Japanese translator, I need to translate it into Japanese letters based on its sound.

I first posted this question on Kudoz, but the moderator kindly recommended that I post it here in this forum.

(Comments in English are most helpful
... See more
I have a question about the pronunciation.

I come across a name of a place "Potsurnentsi", a village from Bulgaria, when translating English article.

I'd like to know how to pronounce it, because, as a English-Japanese translator, I need to translate it into Japanese letters based on its sound.

I first posted this question on Kudoz, but the moderator kindly recommended that I post it here in this forum.

(Comments in English are most helpful)

Thank you for your help.

Remi Kumagai
Tokyo, Japan

[Edited at 2013-08-15 09:41 GMT]
Collapse

Atanas Dakov
Atanas Dakov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:59
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
here you are Aug 15, 2013

The pronunciation of this name (written with Latin letters by the way, even though in Bulgaria the Cyrillic alphabet is used) is:

"ts" as in "tsetse fly"
"u" as in "church"

the other letters should not be a problem.

Alexandra Staneva
Alexandra Staneva  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:59
Member (2008)
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
accent Aug 15, 2013

I agree with Atanas and I can add that the accent is on "u" in Bulgarian if pronunciation is concerned.

nordlys75
nordlys75  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:59
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 20, 2013

Atanas and Alexandra,

Thank you very much! I'm sorry that I didn't reply you sooner.

Remi KUMAGAI from Tokyo, Japan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Asking help about the pronunceation of "Potsurnentsi"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »