Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Nederland
Local time: 13:59
Lid 2006
Engels naar Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 27

Hello everyone

I have a text file with lines of text in English, but unfortunately some of the lines are in Afrikaans. I want to either remove the Afrikaans lines or create a list of all the Afrikaans lines (either option is good for me). Chat GPT claims to be able to do this, but as usual, it simply creates a list of lines that looks plausible, until you double-check it and discover that the bot had just made up a list that looks highly similar to the topic of the list of input l
... See more
Hello everyone

I have a text file with lines of text in English, but unfortunately some of the lines are in Afrikaans. I want to either remove the Afrikaans lines or create a list of all the Afrikaans lines (either option is good for me). Chat GPT claims to be able to do this, but as usual, it simply creates a list of lines that looks plausible, until you double-check it and discover that the bot had just made up a list that looks highly similar to the topic of the list of input lines.

Is there an AI (or technological) solution to do this?

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Rusland
Local time: 14:59
Engels naar Russisch
Remove by language Feb 27

Probably you can try to remove by language: select all, set 'Detect language automatically' in the Proofing Language settings and then replace all Afrikaans text with a blank 'Replace with' field.

[Edited at 2024-02-27 18:22 GMT]

We hebben geen speciale moderator aangesteld voor dit forum.
Wanneer u overtredingen van de sitevoorschriften wilt melden of hulp wilt hebben, neem dan contact op met ProZ.com-medewerkers »

Remove all lines in language X

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »