Thread poster: Thomas Hong
Thomas Hong
Thomas Hong
United States
Local time: 09:21
English to Korean
+ ...
Mar 31, 2023

Elizabeth Ann Morgan([email protected], I have the number of her.. if you request I can send to the police), ask me for
translation from English to Korean and she sends me the check for 1960$,
and ask me via zelle Not to HER BUT to DAVID ENRIQUEZ([email protected]) 1840$. She said it is because of the financial clerk's
mistake,
And the check is canceled because of lack of money.(issued by Varn wood
Products, and ensured by Waycross bank&trust(Way
... See more
Elizabeth Ann Morgan([email protected], I have the number of her.. if you request I can send to the police), ask me for
translation from English to Korean and she sends me the check for 1960$,
and ask me via zelle Not to HER BUT to DAVID ENRIQUEZ([email protected]) 1840$. She said it is because of the financial clerk's
mistake,
And the check is canceled because of lack of money.(issued by Varn wood
Products, and ensured by Waycross bank&trust(Waycross, GA 31502).
And she asked me we will do same thing again(she give me 1840$, and I will
give 1720$).
At this point I know this is fraud.

Now David Enriquez reject to refund my money even though I say through zelle app, that it is made by scam fraud.

Please share her information.

[email protected]
Elizabeth Ann Morgan

David Enriquez
[email protected]

I already made a report to FTC(federal trade committee), and Bank of America, and I can sure all these argument is base on the truth and evidence I didn't disclose, I vow it on the star-spangled banner and my faith of Christianity, and my honor.

Please share this information. Thanks.
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 18:21
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Classic "overpayment scam" Mar 31, 2023

Sadly, this is yet another example of the classic overpayment scam, which has been widely reported in the ProZ.com forums.
You should check out the "scam alerts" page, and there also exist on the Web other sites where you can name scammers.
It is down to each of us to do our own "due diligence", and in most cases, there are usual "red flags" that ought to make one suspicious.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Thomas Hong
Michael Newton

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:21
Japanese to English
+ ...
scam Apr 1, 2023

The fact that she is posting from a gmail account should raise red flags (if not hackles).

Thomas Hong

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam using check and zelle app.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »