Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:16
French to English
+ ...
Dec 11, 2007

Hello all,

I posted this question on the Yahoo Wordfast support group, but the answer received will be helful to someone far more proficient than I am!

While translating a long document, I made significant editorial changes to the source text. I have to deliver both the edited source text and the translation to the client.

How do I retrieve (plain English please!!) the edited source text??

Many thanks,

Patricia

Isabel Booth
Isabel Booth  Identity Verified
Italian to English
Back to Source Dec 11, 2007

(if I understand your question correctly) see Page 99 in the manual...

Open your BAK document (generated when you cleaned up the translation) with MS word. You will see the unclean translation. Now do a simple find/replace - typing in the string of characters as eexplained in the manual.
I have done this a couple of times and though is finnicky it did work...
Isabel

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

P

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Retrieve edited source text

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »