Problems with Outlook/Wordfast
Thread poster: mizuan
mizuan
mizuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
English to Malay
+ ...
May 14, 2007

Ever since I installed wordfast, I have had a problem with my Microsoft Outlook. When I open a window to send an email, and when I make a mistake typing, I use the backspace key to delete the character.

Unfortunately, since wordfast has been installed, it automatically wants to close my window when I use the backspace key.

This only happens in Microsoft Outlook, and after wordfast was installed. I deleted all the wordfast files to do a check (and make sure it wasn't a
... See more
Ever since I installed wordfast, I have had a problem with my Microsoft Outlook. When I open a window to send an email, and when I make a mistake typing, I use the backspace key to delete the character.

Unfortunately, since wordfast has been installed, it automatically wants to close my window when I use the backspace key.

This only happens in Microsoft Outlook, and after wordfast was installed. I deleted all the wordfast files to do a check (and make sure it wasn't a virus or something - I ran two scans), and when there weren't anymore wordfast files in my computer, I did not have the problem with Outlook.

I am planning to use Wordfast long term, so hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks
May
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:17
Member (2006)
French to English
See manual May 14, 2007

Hello May,

This issue is discussed in the manual. You'll find several solutions to your problem.

Good luck,

John

mizuan
mizuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
English to Malay
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 14, 2007

Thanks, John. I will do that. I have been looking in the wrong manual, I was looking for a solution in the Training Manual. What a newbie I am.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Outlook/Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »