mopc
mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:10
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 23, 2007

I just completed a job in wordfast (technical manual) and the cross references are not working any longer. The field says "Error! The origin of the reference was not found!". Now it seems I will have to redo it manually. How do I avoid this on wordfast next time?

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:10
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I don't know if you can Jan 23, 2007

If I remember correctly this is a little problem that WordFast has. I think you must do this manually after cleaning up.

I hope I am wrong on this. Does anyone have a way of doing this?

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
if you find out, I'd like to know... Jan 23, 2007

Same problem here. WF apparently leaves the cross-reference destination codes attached to the source text strings (maybe it doesn't even recognise the codes), so they disappear when the document is cleaned. I just regenerate them, but that gets tiresome pretty quickly if your document has a lot of crossrefs.

[Edited at 2007-01-23 20:39]

Jörgen Slet
Jörgen Slet  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 12:10
English to Estonian
+ ...
transfer bookmarks to target Jan 25, 2007

I believe that if cross-references break upon translation then they refer to bookmarks and you have to transfer bookmarks from source to target like placeables. The procedure should be outlined in the manual.

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Identical bookmarks Jan 25, 2007

mopc wrote:

How do I avoid this on wordfast next time?

Read in manual a text about "identical bookmarks" and chapter Bookmarks.

Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and MSWord Cross References.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »