Is it possible to get WF to match CAPS and small letters automatically?
Thread poster: Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:04
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 7, 2005

I've set Pandora's box to Different case = 99, but is there anyway to make Wordfast automatically *match* the case in the translation? I translate a lot of very similar contracts where the only difference between a given segment is the use of words in caps or small letters. It would save me a lot of time if Wordfast would just match the original instead of making me do it manually every time.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Write your own macro Dec 8, 2005

Marie-Helene Hayles wrote:
I translate a lot of very similar contracts where the only difference between a given segment is the use of words in caps or small letters.

I recorded a macro for that. My TM contains TUs in all uppercase, but sometimes I get segments in new texts in sentence case. So I recorded a macro that responds to Alt+Num5 to change the uppercase into sentence case. Very useful and not complicated.

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A very belated thanks to Samuel Feb 17, 2006

So basically the answer is no

I'll have to go to the macro-writing session at the next Proz conference...

Jaroslav Tomiczek
Jaroslav Tomiczek  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Shift+F3 Feb 23, 2006

Samuel Murray wrote:
I recorded a macro for that. My TM contains TUs in all uppercase, but sometimes I get segments in new texts in sentence case. So I recorded a macro that responds to Alt+Num5 to change the uppercase into sentence case. Very useful and not complicated.

Isn't this function already included in Word? (Shift+F3)
Jaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to get WF to match CAPS and small letters automatically?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »