Wordfast Pro main options greyed out in Windows 8
Thread poster: JCBAILBE
JCBAILBE
JCBAILBE
France
Local time: 00:14
May 19, 2015

Hello,
One of my colleagues has recently installed on her new PC (Windows 8) the latest version of WFP.
She's got a license, the Help > License Management shows the application is working in full mode.

But...

The main WFP icons are greyed out, the shortcuts like ALT+ins to copy source don't work. Roughly speaking, her WFP doesn't work (she can open a file, and that's it).

What's weird is that she installed the WFP client yesterday, activated it
... See more
Hello,
One of my colleagues has recently installed on her new PC (Windows 8) the latest version of WFP.
She's got a license, the Help > License Management shows the application is working in full mode.

But...

The main WFP icons are greyed out, the shortcuts like ALT+ins to copy source don't work. Roughly speaking, her WFP doesn't work (she can open a file, and that's it).

What's weird is that she installed the WFP client yesterday, activated it via a new license file, and all worked fine.

This morning, she got into that situation where she is stuck with her WFP's main icons being greyed out/inactive.

Sorry if duplicating any topic.
Thanks in advance
Kind regards
JCB
(we tried closing/reopening WFP, restarting her computer, etc.)
Collapse

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contact Wordfast support May 19, 2015

I would suggest contacting WF support they are quite quick with their replies, also you could try searching the Yahoo Wordfast group

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Create a new project May 20, 2015

Hi JC,
Sometimes, a project can get corrupted (don't know why or how, sorry!). When this happens to me, I create a new project and everything works as normal.

Hope this helps,
John

Elmachich
Elmachich  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 23:14
English to French
+ ...
Create a new project_Bis May 20, 2015

John Di Rico wrote:

Hi JC,
Sometimes, a project can get corrupted (don't know why or how, sorry!). When this happens to me, I create a new project and everything works as normal.

Hope this helps,
John

Hello JC,
I agree with John, just create a new project and everything should be okay!
Bonne chance !

JCBAILBE
JCBAILBE
France
TOPIC STARTER
SOLVED - Thank you! May 21, 2015

Hello to you and thanks for your replies,
You're correct, we haven't attempted to recreate another project. Instead, the translator reinstalled WF and the pb went away. Fingers crossed
Have a nice day and thanks
JCB

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro main options greyed out in Windows 8

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »