Tópico cartaz: Sam Abramov
Sam Abramov
Sam Abramov
Federação Russa
Local time: 04:29
inglês para russo
+ ...
Aug 9, 2013

Hello, I'm a relatively new to WFA (been using it for a couple of months now). Overall it is a useful and stable application but I'm concerned about a couple of things - search is one of them.
I know in the program description it's said "webbased=laggy" and I'm totally ok with it - but there should be boundaries - 2-5 seconds for closing / opening new seconds is ok, while 5-10 seconds for a concordance search can sometimes be hampering. Especially if you take into consideration that WFA s
... See more
Hello, I'm a relatively new to WFA (been using it for a couple of months now). Overall it is a useful and stable application but I'm concerned about a couple of things - search is one of them.
I know in the program description it's said "webbased=laggy" and I'm totally ok with it - but there should be boundaries - 2-5 seconds for closing / opening new seconds is ok, while 5-10 seconds for a concordance search can sometimes be hampering. Especially if you take into consideration that WFA sometimes got troubles finding a 100% match sentence on its own.
Is there any way to improve the speed of the search - trying other browser, other version of java, flash or what not, or some basic software optimisation?

[Edited at 2013-08-09 11:15 GMT]
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 17:29
Membro (2008)
francês para inglês
+ ...
Server-side problems Aug 9, 2013

I have noticed that, as well as slow TM lookups and saves, but these problems are server-side, not client-side, so I don't think there's anything a user can do about it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFA concordance search speed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »