Wordfast technical support
Thread poster: Jan Schauseil
Jan Schauseil
Jan Schauseil  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:43
German to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2004

When starting a translation in Wordfast, I get a message popping up: "This document is protected and/or in revisionmode." I the click "OK", and get a message:"Layout too complex, please translate manually."

How can I get around this? The document in question is a short, simple translation test from a potential client.

I'd be grateful for any tips.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:43
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Apr 17, 2004

...to CAT Tool Tech Support.

Karine Piera
Karine Piera  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
WordFast forum Apr 17, 2004

Hi Jan,
I am just a beginner with WordFast so I can't really help you, but why don't you go on Wordfast forum?
You can ask the same question and many competent people might answer you.
Good luck.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Copy and paste Apr 17, 2004

Try to press ctrl+a to mark all, and copy and paste the text into a new document. Then your problem should be solved.

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Is Trackchange active? Apr 18, 2004

Jan Schauseil wrote:

When starting a translation in Wordfast, I get a message popping up: "This document is protected and/or in revisionmode." I the click "OK", and get a message:"Layout too complex, please translate manually."

It could very well be that the Trackchanges functionality is enabled and it prevents to you to open the segment. The exact dialog boxes and settings vary from one Word version to the other, but you'll find the relevant commands under the Tool menu.

HTH

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:43
English to French
Revision mode or protection... Sep 8, 2004

Jan Schauseil wrote:

How can I get around this? The document in question is a short, simple translation test from a potential client.

I'd be grateful for any tips.

Close Wordfast. check if track changes (tools menu) is on. if it is turn it off.

Also check if the document is protected. If so, un-protect it. Also in "tools" usually.

When you have solved that, you are back to a plain vanilla doc, so just run Wordfast through it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast technical support

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »