Nika Plevnik  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 09:36
Member (2009)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
May 11, 2009

Hi, guys,
I usually work with SDL Trados but I decided to give WF a try. I have a licensed version of WordFast pro 6.0 and I have problems with the toolbar in Word. After installing the software its toolbar does not appear in Word 2003. I've already changed the macro security settings to LOW and clicked to trust the WordBasic access. And I also cannot find the template wordfast.dot anywhere on the HD. Do you know what could be wrong? Would it be too much to ask you to send me your wordfas
... See more
Hi, guys,
I usually work with SDL Trados but I decided to give WF a try. I have a licensed version of WordFast pro 6.0 and I have problems with the toolbar in Word. After installing the software its toolbar does not appear in Word 2003. I've already changed the macro security settings to LOW and clicked to trust the WordBasic access. And I also cannot find the template wordfast.dot anywhere on the HD. Do you know what could be wrong? Would it be too much to ask you to send me your wordfast.dot by email if you use the same working version of WF pro 6.0?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Nika
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
WFC & WFP May 11, 2009

Hello Nika,

It sounds like there is a confusion between WF Pro (6) and WF Classic (5).

WFP is a stand-alone program, you don't need Word or anything else to use it. If you have already downloaded WFP, then you should have the icon on your desktop/programs list somewhere.

Now WFC *is* a .dot file that needs to be installed in Word. You can download it from the Wordfast website. As far as I know, a license for WFP is also valid for WFC. Personally, I prefe
... See more
Hello Nika,

It sounds like there is a confusion between WF Pro (6) and WF Classic (5).

WFP is a stand-alone program, you don't need Word or anything else to use it. If you have already downloaded WFP, then you should have the icon on your desktop/programs list somewhere.

Now WFC *is* a .dot file that needs to be installed in Word. You can download it from the Wordfast website. As far as I know, a license for WFP is also valid for WFC. Personally, I prefer using WFC.
Collapse

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 03:36
Agree with Lori May 11, 2009

If you translate a Word file, better do it with Wordfast Classic.

But if you have a PPT or Excel file, Wordfast Pro can be helpful. Despite of all the known problems, it abstracts the text and allows you to translate it on Wordfast Pro directly. Afterwards, you only need to save the translated file to get a clean text.

Nika Plevnik
Nika Plevnik  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2009)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Silly me :-) May 11, 2009

I was not aware of that difference. I'll download the Classic version and try to use the same lic.
Yes, I've read tutorials for Classic and did not know that WF Pro differs in use.
Thank you, Lori & Bin, you've been most helpful.

Best,
Nika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Wordfast toolbar in Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »