Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
New Wordfast Pro 6.0 Release Available
Thread poster: Wordfast Support
Bubo Coroman (X)
Bubo Coroman (X)

Spanish to English
Thanks Kristyna! Apr 22, 2009

I relicensed Classic with the Classic install number, and on checking just now, I find that the new license number that was generated is the same as the original one; so there's nothing I need to do there. I've now managed to license Pro as well. Many thanks for your timely help!

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 06:26
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Where are the updates already? Apr 25, 2009

Kristyna Marrero wrote:

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

So, where's the much awaited April update of Wordfast Pro?

The new Wordfast Pro release will be available at the end of this week. We will make an announcement on the Proz.com forum as well as the Wordfast website.

And since the development of Wordfast Classic has already reached version 5.60, why don't you release it and still keep it as a beta?

We are finalizing some of the features, but WFC 5.60 will be out of beta and officially released very soon, perhaps as soon as tonight.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

So, the week is over now, yet I don't see the updates on your site.

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:26
WORDFAST UPDATE Apr 27, 2009

Dear Epameinondas -

The new release is ready and our development team is working feverishly to make it available for the public. There will be an official release notification as soon as that times comes. We appreciate your patience.

We are extremely excited for this new release as it will include an optional PM Plug In (sold as an additional module), as well as many new features, including:

- Indesign support
- Real-time QA
- Right to left
... See more
Dear Epameinondas -

The new release is ready and our development team is working feverishly to make it available for the public. There will be an official release notification as soon as that times comes. We appreciate your patience.

We are extremely excited for this new release as it will include an optional PM Plug In (sold as an additional module), as well as many new features, including:

- Indesign support
- Real-time QA
- Right to left language support

As always, thank you for your understanding, support, and constructive feedback.

Best regards,

Kristyna
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Broken promises Apr 28, 2009

So, since it is ready, what is your team working 'feverishly' on? I don't get that, as I don't get why you are so excited with those new features, since they are pretty useless for the majority of your customers... And oh, a paid PM plug-in? That is so wrong...

[Edited at 2009-04-28 14:23 GMT]

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Problem with Excel file Apr 28, 2009

Hello Kristyna,

I tried Wordfast Pro lately and encounted the following problem:

Excel 2007 file can't be found by Wordfast Pro. After converting it to Excel 97-03, Wordfast P can locate and open the file easily.

Do you know why?

Thanks
Bin

[Edited at 2009-04-28 14:58 GMT]

Epameinondas Soufleros
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Version 2.2 already problematic Apr 29, 2009

So, I started translating a linguistics text, and I tried to expand a segment, as the program had split a numbered list in double segments (one for each number and one for the text following each number). The program went crazy: it added weird tags in the target segment, like those in Wordfast classic that inform you of the match percentage. I pressed undo a couple of times and then it messed up the source segment, which I could not revert to its original, proper form. So now, I am stuck with th... See more
So, I started translating a linguistics text, and I tried to expand a segment, as the program had split a numbered list in double segments (one for each number and one for the text following each number). The program went crazy: it added weird tags in the target segment, like those in Wordfast classic that inform you of the match percentage. I pressed undo a couple of times and then it messed up the source segment, which I could not revert to its original, proper form. So now, I am stuck with this source segment: {ut1}1. Thescore="N/A"e for text linguistics{ut2}, where it should simply say "{ut1}1. The rationale for text linguistics{ut2}...

Alright, way to go, Wordfast!
Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
United States
Wordfast Shrink/Expand segment May 4, 2009

Hi Epameinondas,

I notified our support team of your issues and they have verified that there are no major issues with shrink and expand segment, specifically for segments with tags or numbered lists. For your particular case, we’d like to open a support ticket. To do so we’d need the file that is causing the error and steps to reproduce. Could you please email them to me at [email protected]?

Sincerely
... See more
Hi Epameinondas,

I notified our support team of your issues and they have verified that there are no major issues with shrink and expand segment, specifically for segments with tags or numbered lists. For your particular case, we’d like to open a support ticket. To do so we’d need the file that is causing the error and steps to reproduce. Could you please email them to me at [email protected]?

Sincerely,

Kristyna
Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
United States
Office 2007 support May 4, 2009

Bin Tiede wrote:

Hello Kristyna,

I tried Wordfast Pro lately and encounted the following problem:

Excel 2007 file can't be found by Wordfast Pro. After converting it to Excel 97-03, Wordfast P can locate and open the file easily.

Do you know why?

Thanks
Bin

[Edited at 2009-04-28 14:58 GMT]

Hi Bin,

Yes, there is a known issue with support of Office 2007 files. In order to translate them with Wordfast Pro, you need to save them down to 97-03 as you have done. We are working to resolve this issue in upcoming releases.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
New problems with WF Pro May 28, 2009

Kristyna Marrero wrote:

Hi Bin,

Yes, there is a known issue with support of Office 2007 files. In order to translate them with Wordfast Pro, you need to save them down to 97-03 as you have done. We are working to resolve this issue in upcoming releases.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

1. WF Pro failed to locate a normal word file, version 97-03.
2. WF does not count Chinese characters properly. I reckon a "word" is only recognized as a word by WF when it finds empty spaces before and after it. Unfortunately, there are no empty spaces between Chinese words; therefore, a document with more than 1000 Chinese words consists of only 65(!) words according to WF analysis.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Wordfast Pro 6.0 Release Available

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »