Wordfast 6.0 Terminology Recognition Not Working
Thread poster: tokyo-trans
tokyo-trans
tokyo-trans
Local time: 14:57
Japanese to English
Nov 20, 2008

I have downloaded the beta of WF6.0, and am testing it for my company to see if we should adopt it.

I had been using WF5.5 for a couple of months and found the terminology recognition was actually the most useful feature for our work. However, WF6.0 does not seem to apply the .txt tab-delimited glossaries that worked fine in 5.5. Terms that are in the glossary are not highlighted at all. Is this simply a limitation of the demo mode? Has anyone else been able to use the terminology
... See more
I have downloaded the beta of WF6.0, and am testing it for my company to see if we should adopt it.

I had been using WF5.5 for a couple of months and found the terminology recognition was actually the most useful feature for our work. However, WF6.0 does not seem to apply the .txt tab-delimited glossaries that worked fine in 5.5. Terms that are in the glossary are not highlighted at all. Is this simply a limitation of the demo mode? Has anyone else been able to use the terminology recognition?

Julia
Collapse

Poisson rouge
Poisson rouge
Germany
Local time: 07:57
German to French
+ ...
Look at settings Nov 20, 2008

Just an idea: have you looked at the settings? Perhaps the terminology recognition tools is set on white. There is a way of setting a color for each glossary (perhaps all the settings have been messed up because you have just downloaded WF). I think it's in the "settings" tab (I'm sorry, I can't remember where exactly). I think you should find it easily. Is that of any help?
Cheers
Fiona

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:57
Wordfast 6.0 Terminology Recognition Not Working Nov 20, 2008

Hi Julia,

Are you currently running the demo mode? Wordfast 6.0 comes with a valid license that will expire on December 31, 2008. This way you are able to actually use the full-featured version with no limitations. This should correct your terminology recognition problem. To install your license, please follow these instructions -

1. Find the license file contained in the wordfast 6 zip download
2. Save this file to a known location
3. Start Wordfast 6.
... See more
Hi Julia,

Are you currently running the demo mode? Wordfast 6.0 comes with a valid license that will expire on December 31, 2008. This way you are able to actually use the full-featured version with no limitations. This should correct your terminology recognition problem. To install your license, please follow these instructions -

1. Find the license file contained in the wordfast 6 zip download
2. Save this file to a known location
3. Start Wordfast 6.0
4. Go to Help->License Management
5. Click on the License Manager button
6. Choose (Re-) Install a license certificate
7. Click Browse->Navigate to location of the .lic file (wherever you saved it)
8. Double click the license file
9. Click next twice and then Finish
10. Restart Wordfast
11. Your trial license is now active. It will expire on December 31st.

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero
Director of Sales & Marketing
Wordfast LLC
Collapse

Hiroshi Yamazaki
Hiroshi Yamazaki
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
Same problem here Nov 29, 2008

I think this is not a matter of license. I have the same problem even with the license activated following the step Kristyna said. WF5.5 does not pose this problem for Japanese but does for Thai. I guess that this is a general problem specific to no-space language between words like Japanese and Thai, which is very basic and serious one as Julia said that the terminalogy recognition is one of the most useful function.

khaamoo

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:57
Wordfast 6.0 Terminology Recognition Not Working Dec 1, 2008

Hi Khaamoo,

Thanks for the feedback. I have my development team looking into this and we will get back to you with an update.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Xiaoqin Su
Xiaoqin Su  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:57
German to Chinese
Wordfast 6.0 Problem with local TM Dec 2, 2008

Hi, Kristyna,

I downloaded the demo-version Wordfast 6 and the license today. I have no problem with Terminology, but local TM.

One of the error messages is
"Local TM/An error occurred while creating new local TM. Please contact your local administrator for further assistance".

The other appears after I tried to open an existing TM:

"Remote TM/ Current project and selected remote TM do not have the same source and target locale",
a
... See more
Hi, Kristyna,

I downloaded the demo-version Wordfast 6 and the license today. I have no problem with Terminology, but local TM.

"Local TM/An error occurred while creating new local TM. Please contact your local administrator for further assistance".

The other appears after I tried to open an existing TM:

"Remote TM/ Current project and selected remote TM do not have the same source and target locale",
and I am sure that the project and the TM DO have the same source and target locale.

I tried German (Germany)-Chinese (China) and English (USA)- French (France), the same problem, the same error messages.

Sincerely,

Su
Collapse

Alexander Cherkasov
Alexander Cherkasov  Identity Verified
Japan
Japanese to Russian
+ ...
Re: Wordfast 6.0 Problem with local TM Dec 17, 2008

Xiaoqin Su wrote:

Sincerely,

Su

Hi, Su!

I had the same problem, when creating new local TM.
To solve this problem try to put a full name with extension as a name for a new TM file.
In the "create" menu it is supposed to make/add extension to file, but it doesn't (Kristyna show it your developers team pls). This means instead of file name "new TM" write the full name "new TM.txt".

Hope it'll help. Worked for me.
Cheers!

Local TM and Terminology Recognition (JA and TH to EN) Dec 17, 2008

Hi All,

Are you still having problems with the local TM creation or adding an existing in the latest build that we released on December 1st? We cleared up some fixes on this issue with that build and you shouldn't be experiencing those same problems any more.

Additionally for Khaamoo and Julia--the JA and TH to EN glossary recognitions are on our known issues list. We are making lots of improvements and fixes to the glossary feature and you will see this in the next c
... See more
Hi All,

Are you still having problems with the local TM creation or adding an existing in the latest build that we released on December 1st? We cleared up some fixes on this issue with that build and you shouldn't be experiencing those same problems any more.

Additionally for Khaamoo and Julia--the JA and TH to EN glossary recognitions are on our known issues list. We are making lots of improvements and fixes to the glossary feature and you will see this in the next couple builds.

Thanks
Hillary
Wordfast LLC
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 6.0 Terminology Recognition Not Working

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »