Judith Furness-Bosselaar
Judith Furness-Bosselaar
Netherlands
Local time: 16:02
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 25, 2006

Hello,

I have a slight problem after the "cleaning up" process.
This is because the letter type (font) that I used, called GE Inspira, is not available on my computer.
I have got no problems using this font during translation, but after the cleaning up process the font will change back into Times New Roman again and all the phrases that I made bold are no longer bold.
How can I solve this?
The only solutions I could come up with would be
- not to perf
... See more
Hello,

I have a slight problem after the "cleaning up" process.
This is because the letter type (font) that I used, called GE Inspira, is not available on my computer.
I have got no problems using this font during translation, but after the cleaning up process the font will change back into Times New Roman again and all the phrases that I made bold are no longer bold.
How can I solve this?
The only solutions I could come up with would be
- not to perform the cleaning up process, because when you print it out the font is saved
- or to download the font somewhere from the internet, but the question is where?
I hope someone can help.

kind regards

Judith
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Copy the (font/formatting) setup from the bilingual BAK Sep 25, 2006

into the cleaned target.

Furness-M.A. wrote:...This is because the letter type (font) that I used, called GE Inspira, is not available on my computer. ...

Well, at least somewhere on your PC, there's that font or some reference to it, and I assume it is in the source file (and in the bilingual file evidently as well).

What you can do in any case is specify in the target, that Format templates (standard etc) are using not Times Roman, but the other font. Word will then either find it or use something similar.

Regards

Vito

Judith Furness-Bosselaar
Judith Furness-Bosselaar
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks very much for your help, it worked. Sep 26, 2006

Thanks very much for your help, it worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changed font after Clean up-process for Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »