Corrupted characters in the TTM
Thread poster: Net-Translations ------
Net-Translations ------
Net-Translations ------
Local time: 07:32
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 1, 2006

I am trying to import a txt alignment file into the Trados Translation Memory. The languages involved are English and Italian. Although all the Italian characters seem ok in the txt file, once imported, I see some of them corrupted in the TTM (vowels with a grave accent such us “più” appear differently in the TTM). Anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
Is the TM languages set correctly? Jun 1, 2006

I.e. is the language combo set for Eng-Ita or Ita-Eng respectively according to the import file language direction?

That's the only thing I could think of would cause a problem like this.

Further explanation:

If e.g. the WinAlign was aligned from English (left side segments) to Italian (right side segments), the TM you are importing to must have the same language direction - from English into Italian.

Sorry if I have stated the obvious here.... See more
I.e. is the language combo set for Eng-Ita or Ita-Eng respectively according to the import file language direction?

That's the only thing I could think of would cause a problem like this.

Further explanation:

If e.g. the WinAlign was aligned from English (left side segments) to Italian (right side segments), the TM you are importing to must have the same language direction - from English into Italian.

Sorry if I have stated the obvious here.

[Edited at 2006-06-01 17:03]
Collapse

Net-Translations ------
Net-Translations ------
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The TM languages are set correctly Jun 2, 2006

Thanks very much for your answer, however the TM languages were set correctly.

Thanks anyway for your time!

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
it's a Unicode issue... Jun 2, 2006

... and so far, when I exported TMX with WinAlign Export, I never had a problem. To set the Export Format, go to Settings/project/Export

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corrupted characters in the TTM

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »