Winalign in Trados 7
Thread poster: trad500
trad500
trad500
Local time: 14:04
English to French
Jun 1, 2006

Hello,
I bought Trados 7 Freelance last year and am just starting to use it (was on maternity leave). I installed the software and want to use winalign to create a database of some of my past translations. However, I now get the message that Winalign is only in a demo mode. I thought WinAlign came with Trados... Am I wrong there? If not, any idea why I get this message and how to fix it?

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 15:04
English to Danish
Perhaps just a license issue. Jun 1, 2006

Perhaps WinAlign doesn't realise where to look for the softkey.

Go to Help > About Trados WinAlign - then you get a screen with a button down to the right saying 'License Manager'.

See if your softkey license is listed here, and if not, you should add it, obviously.

In this picture there is also a button saying 'Test License'.
This button is used to check if WinAlign recognises the license.

Hope it helps ;o)

trad500
trad500
Local time: 14:04
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 1, 2006

PCovs wrote:

Perhaps WinAlign doesn't realise where to look for the softkey.

Go to Help > About Trados WinAlign - then you get a screen with a button down to the right saying 'License Manager'.

See if your softkey license is listed here, and if not, you should add it, obviously.

In this picture there is also a button saying 'Test License'.
This button is used to check if WinAlign recognises the license.

Hope it helps ;o)

You're a star! Thank you so much!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Winalign in Trados 7

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »