MTW file Extension
Thread poster: Jeff Morris (X)
Jeff Morris (X)
Jeff Morris (X)
Local time: 09:20
English
+ ...
May 31, 2006

I'm using Trados 6.5.5 LSP, and our client sent us their multiterm database.

The only file that they sent us is the MTW file, but no associated mta and mdf files. Do I need those files to open the database?

Thank you in advance.
Jeff

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
?? - must be either a tmw or mdb May 31, 2006

if it is a tmw, then it's a translation memory, and it is missing some other files. if it mtb, it could be the access MultiTerm DB, which you can import using "Load External database".

regards

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
.mtw = MultiTerm 5.x May 31, 2006

Hi,
An .mtw file indicates a MultiTerm 5.x termbase - assuming that you're using MultiTerm Desktop 6.2.x or higher, you should be able to load this into MultiTerm Convert - the conversion utility will yield a termbase definition file (.xdt - use it to create the termbase) and an export/import file (.xml - import this once you have created the termbase).

HTH, Ralf

Jeff Morris (X)
Jeff Morris (X)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Field entries in the MTW May 31, 2006

Hello Ralph and Vito,

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm still playing around with it, and one more question:

MT Convert worked, I have the XML. When I create the termbase, and go through the import, nothing is imported. I think the fields that are imported are not in the termbase I created. Is there a way to see the fields in the MTW file, and create the termbase with the same named fields?

Thank you very much!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MTW file Extension

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »