How can you set the default index field direction for MT toolbar in Word?
Thread poster: CELC Inc
CELC Inc
CELC Inc
Local time: 19:18
Japanese to English
+ ...
May 25, 2006

No matter what I do, and no matter what the language pairing, it always seems to start up with English as the source language. English is my target language, so this is pretty annoying.

Also, I suspect that more than once, the fields have reversed themselves while I was working -- though this could be me accidentally hitting Ctrl+Shift+R, so don't quote me on that one.

I guess it's n
... See more

No matter what I do, and no matter what the language pairing, it always seems to start up with English as the source language. English is my target language, so this is pretty annoying.

Also, I suspect that more than once, the fields have reversed themselves while I was working -- though this could be me accidentally hitting Ctrl+Shift+R, so don't quote me on that one.

I guess it's noteworthy that I often find that when I shut down Word, the MT (though not the Workbench) macro/template says it's been changed. Should I be saving it when this happens? I'm always a little nervous about altering the templates...

Thanks for any advice
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »