winalign - error 70203
Thread poster: Net-Translations ------
Net-Translations ------
Net-Translations ------
Local time: 11:40
French to Spanish
+ ...
May 24, 2006

I sent some rtf files to a translator to be aligned. She sent me the alignment project instead of a txt exported memory file (at the moment, I cannot reach her cause she is on holidays). Now I can open the project but when I click on any of the files in order to export the alignment I get the following message:
(70203): At least one of the aligned documents is empty or has been removed from its original location.
Of course, the aligned files are not in the original location so my que
... See more
I sent some rtf files to a translator to be aligned. She sent me the alignment project instead of a txt exported memory file (at the moment, I cannot reach her cause she is on holidays). Now I can open the project but when I click on any of the files in order to export the alignment I get the following message:
(70203): At least one of the aligned documents is empty or has been removed from its original location.
Of course, the aligned files are not in the original location so my question is: is there anyway to change the settings of the project she has sent me and put the correct path for the current location of the files and then be able to export myself the txt memory file?
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Good news and bad news May 24, 2006

Yes of course there's a way to change the paths to match those on your system (the project file is a plain text file that can be edited e.g. with notepad.exe).

However, unless the translator also sent the .WAF files along with the .PJT file, it's not going to do you any good. The project file just holds the settings for the alignment. The results of her work are in the .WAF files.
... See more
Yes of course there's a way to change the paths to match those on your system (the project file is a plain text file that can be edited e.g. with notepad.exe).

However, unless the translator also sent the .WAF files along with the .PJT file, it's not going to do you any good. The project file just holds the settings for the alignment. The results of her work are in the .WAF files.

HTH,
Benjamin
Collapse

Net-Translations ------
Net-Translations ------
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
winalign - error 70203 May 24, 2006

Thanks very much for your answer. However, I am afraid I don't have those files either...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

winalign - error 70203

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »