Thread poster: Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 16, 2005

Long time ago I bought the "Early Bird" upgrade to Trados Freelance 6.5, which included the upgrade to FL7 (6.5.5.441) when that version would be released.

I recently downlowaded and run the upgrade from FL6.5 to 7. I have also applied the Patch TRADOS 7_Freelance_Update.exe" and performed the components registration. Workbench 7 and TE PPT conversion appear to work fine.

Now I have a problem with TagEditor not allowing the use of the plug-ins. I cannot activate a spe
... See more
Long time ago I bought the "Early Bird" upgrade to Trados Freelance 6.5, which included the upgrade to FL7 (6.5.5.441) when that version would be released.

I recently downlowaded and run the upgrade from FL6.5 to 7. I have also applied the Patch TRADOS 7_Freelance_Update.exe" and performed the components registration. Workbench 7 and TE PPT conversion appear to work fine.

Now I have a problem with TagEditor not allowing the use of the plug-ins. I cannot activate a spellchecker, nor a Tag verification. When I try it, I get the following error message:
[quote]
Failed to load the "WinterTree Spelling Checker" plug-in:
(-2147024769): Impossibile trovare la procedura specificata
This plug-in will be disabled.
[\quote]
The same happens with any other plug-in (including S-Tag verifier) except the TRADOSTag Viewer Plugin.

Client is asking to run S-tag verification prior to delivery of ttx files: I need help!

[Edited at 2005-12-16 10:52]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 04:39
English to German
+ ...
you do not need 7.0 for this Dec 16, 2005

download a free copy of 6.5.5 and copy the plug-ins into the plug-ins folder of 6.5 and you have trados 7.0 8ER: MOST OF IT (supprt for Adobe cs etc., BTW Version 7.0 doesn´t support cs2 type files anyway. So make your source files downwards compatible process in cs versions save in cs2. Bingo.Brandis

[Edited at 2005-12-16 10:56]

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Dec 16, 2005

Trados assistance ansewered suggesting me to upgrade to 7.1

However this morning for some reason the problem seem to have dissolved by itself. (Mistery: I had fully restarted my PC a few times yesterday, and I think I did not change anything else).

Thank you

[Edited at 2005-12-16 12:48]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor Plug-ins not available after update FL6.5 to FL7

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »