Austria
Local time: 19:49
Member (2008)
German to Romanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jun 1, 2022

Dear colleagues,

I am currently using SDL Trados 2021 SR2 and I keep getting the same error message when I am trying to open a WSXZ file.
First of all, I need to mention that I foll
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am currently using SDL Trados 2021 SR2 and I keep getting the same error message when I am trying to open a WSXZ file.
First of all, I need to mention that I followed the instructions posted here: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000013233&_ga=2.46777312.610376379.1607514558-1843630551.1607514361
So I am trying to open the the file from within Trados using the tab open Word Server Package.
The option to create a Word Server Package is grey in my case, so it seems I cannot use it.
The error I get each time is the one in the screenshot.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Many thanks.

Anca

Error

[Bearbeitet am 2022-06-01 17:04 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Rws Jun 1, 2022

Better ask directly in the Rws support forum.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:49
English to Russian
MultiTerm Jun 1, 2022

If you have MultiTerm installed on your computer, uninstall it and try opening the WorldServer package again. If it still emits an error message, re-install MultiTerm using its latest installer. You can download it from your RWS account. Anyway, you have to re-install MultiTerm. You can try to remove it first and see whether it resolves your issue. If not, proceed with installation.

Anca Buzatu
Anca Buzatu  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2008)
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks a lot but now it seems I cannot reinstall MultiTermn Jun 1, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

If you have MultiTerm installed on your computer, uninstall it and try opening the WorldServer package again. If it still emits an error message, re-install MultiTerm using its latest installer. You can download it from your RWS account. Anyway, you have to re-install MultiTerm. You can try to remove it first and see whether it resolves your issue. If not, proceed with installation.

Dear Stepan,

Many thanks for your suggestions. Now, while reinstalling Multiterm I got 2 error messages.
Error Multiterm
and

Anca Buzatu
Austria
Member (2008)
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks a lot but now it seems I cannot reinstall MultiTermn Jun 1, 2022

Dear Stepan,

Many thanks for your suggestions. Now, while reinstalling Multiterm I got two error messages.

I really cannot figure this out and hope the RWS support forum will help.

Error Multiterm

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
MultiTerm Extract is not MultiTerm Jun 1, 2022

These are two different apps. You should install MultiTerm first.
MultiTerm Extract is an app that you can download from RWS Appstore: https://appstore.rws.com/language/app/multiterm-extract/1165/
MultiTerm is a component that comes with Studio. You can download it from your RWS account.
However, what I suggested first was to simply remove MultiTerm, then op
... See more
MultiTerm Extract is an app that you can download from RWS Appstore: https://appstore.rws.com/language/app/multiterm-extract/1165/
MultiTerm is a component that comes with Studio. You can download it from your RWS account.
However, what I suggested first was to simply remove MultiTerm, then open Studio and try to open the package. And only then, if it doesn't help, install other apps like MultiTerm, MultiTerm Extract, etc.

[Edited at 2022-06-01 20:44 GMT]
Collapse

Anca Buzatu
Austria
Member (2008)
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Jun 1, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

However, what I suggested first was to simply remove MultiTerm, then open Studio and try to open the package. And only then, if it doesn't help, install other apps like MultiTerm, MultiTerm Extract, etc.

[Edited at 2022-06-01 20:44 GMT]

Yes, I understood you perfectly. I can confirm that removing MultiTerm did not solve the issue. This is why I tried installing other apps. It seems to be pretty tricky. I am wondering if I should consider upgrading to 2022 and buying Multiterm 2022 with it at some point in the hope I will not have to deal with such issues anymore.

Thanks a lot for assistance anyway, Stepan.

[Bearbeitet am 2022-06-01 21:32 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
MultiTerm first, then MultiTerm Extract Jun 1, 2022

Anca Buzatu wrote:
I am wondering if I should consider upgrading to 2022 and buying Multiterm 2022
MultiTerm is always for free. You don't need to buy it. When you buy Studio, they give you two installers: for Studio and for MultiTerm. What regards MultiTerm Extract, it is also distributed for free (since the release of Studio 2021). But you are trying to install MultiTerm Extract before MultiTerm. Hence the error message.

[Edited at 2022-06-01 21:20 GMT]

Anca Buzatu
Austria
Member (2008)
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Success! Jun 1, 2022

It seems the problem was with the SDL 2021 version I had. I updated to TradosStudio2021SR2_16.2.10.9305 and now everything works. So very easy at the end, too bad it didn´t cross my mind from the very beginning.
Wish you all the best!

[Bearbeitet am 2022-06-01 21:31 GMT]

Stepan Konev

Install WorldServer components for your version of Studio Jun 3, 2022

In case anyone else has this problem, the issue actually isn't with MultiTerm, it's with the WorldServer Components "app" that must be updated in new versions of Studio. Whenever you upgrade, make sure you get the latest version of this app from the RWS AppStore.

Platary (X)

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
WorldServer Components were already updated Jun 3, 2022

Michael Schroeder wrote:
In case anyone else has this problem, the issue actually isn't with MultiTerm, it's with the WorldServer Components "app" that must be updated in new versions of Studio. Whenever you upgrade, make sure you get the latest version of this app from the RWS AppStore.
According to the original post, the WorldServer components were already updated:
Anca Buzatu wrote:
First of all, I need to mention that I followed the instructions posted here: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000013233&_ga=2.46777312.610376379.1607514558-1843630551.1607514361
If it wasn't mentioned, updating the WorldServer Components would be the most obvious thing to do. But it was already done. On the other hand the above-shown message clearly reads that MultiTerm was involved. That is why I suggested to fiddle with MultiTerm (i.e. remove it and re-install the latest version).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue with opening a SDL WSXZ file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »