Déborah Essers-Jansen
Déborah Essers-Jansen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:30
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 5, 2013

Hi all,

One of my clients works with GlobalLink Project Director and I have been assigned a job, which I accepted last night. At that time I was able to view the file before accepting the job. Now that I want to start working on it, I can't download the files anymore. I do have the option 'Get Translation Files' and I can select 'Source Files' and/or 'Translation Kit', but then nothing happens. At that point I should select 'Open' or 'Save', but I don't have these options. I already
... See more
Hi all,

One of my clients works with GlobalLink Project Director and I have been assigned a job, which I accepted last night. At that time I was able to view the file before accepting the job. Now that I want to start working on it, I can't download the files anymore. I do have the option 'Get Translation Files' and I can select 'Source Files' and/or 'Translation Kit', but then nothing happens. At that point I should select 'Open' or 'Save', but I don't have these options. I already contacted the project manager, but he's in a different time zone. Therefore I was wondering if anybody here might be able to help me out.

Thanks!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Is the job in your inbox? Nov 5, 2013

Hi Déborah,

If the job is in your inbox, click on it, then choose the "translation" or "proof" tab, depending on your task, click the green arrow ("Get files"), click "Get files" button in the new window that opens, confirm next with "OK" and you'll get the notification window for saving.

Natalia

Gonçalo Borralho
Gonçalo Borralho  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:30
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Check your Downloads folder Nov 5, 2013

Hello Déborah,

I should also check your Downloads folder, maybe the zip file is already there.

Gonçalo

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
It is not the case Nov 5, 2013

Gonçalo Borralho wrote:
check your Downloads folder, maybe the zip file is already there.

Files are not downloaded from the GlobalLink PD "by themselves". Débora clearly states that "nothing happens", so she does not see the "Notification" window where the download should be confirmed. This could mean that popup windows may be blocked in the browser.

Déborah Essers-Jansen
Déborah Essers-Jansen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 6, 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for your help. The PM already helped me out. I don't know what the problem was exactly, but after clearing the cache, resetting the password and using Firefox instead of IE, it finally worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GlobalLink Project Director, download of files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »