Simon Critchley
Simon Critchley  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:25
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 11, 2010

Hi all !!

I would really appreciate any help or advice anyone out there may have. I'm having a problem installing Trados 2007 and 2009. The installation starts OK but after a few minutes a message appears that says:

"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity and try again".

This rather begs the question. How does one obtain any cop
... See more
Hi all !!

I would really appreciate any help or advice anyone out there may have. I'm having a problem installing Trados 2007 and 2009. The installation starts OK but after a few minutes a message appears that says:

"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity and try again".

This rather begs the question. How does one obtain any copy if SDL is the only supplier?

All suggestions will be most gratefully received.

Thank you all in advance.

Simon
Collapse

Gail Bond
Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:25
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Persevere... May 11, 2010

Hi Simon

I had this problem too. It's enormously frustrating, sometimes it would almost get to the end then crash and give me this message.

I was trying to do it in the evening, when broadband speeds are notoriously slower (or maybe that's just my provider) and in the end I gave up and tried again in the morning, outside 'peak time', and it worked fine.

Good luck!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:25
English
Download again May 12, 2010

Simon Critchley wrote:

This rather begs the question. How does one obtain any copy if SDL is the only supplier?

Hi Simon,

The message suggests that the file was corrupted during download so the solution would be to try downloading it again, rather than have to find another supplier.

If you do this and the problem persists then you can contact Support using the solution finder like this;

http://talisma.sdl.com

Then go the the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I get an error message during installation.
- - I get another error message.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados installation problem

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »