Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 22:46
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 14, 2009

Hi all,

Could someone recommend a fast and reliable indexer program for Windows XP environment?
Something as good as Google Desktop search.

P.S.: I can not use the Google Desktop program for non-technical reasons.

Thank you,
V.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 06:46
English to Turkish
+ ...
Copernic Aug 14, 2009

There are many similar programs but I am happy with Copernic Desktop Search (Free!) for some 5 years or so. Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines#Desktop_search_engines

dtSearch is another indexer program recommended by many colleagues but I didn't use it.

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 22:46
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Aug 16, 2009

will check them out.

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

There are many similar programs but I am happy with Copernic Desktop Search (Free!) for some 5 years or so. Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines#Desktop_search_engines

dtSearch is another indexer program recommended by many colleagues but I didn't use it.

Richard Hall
Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:46
Italian to English
+ ...
dt search Aug 16, 2009

I use dtSearch and am very happy with it despite its high price. It is the only desktop search program that also searches and retrieves the contents of translation memories.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

indexer program advice

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »