Thread poster: Harris Couwenberg
Harris Couwenberg
Harris Couwenberg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:56
English to Dutch
Sep 16, 2008

Hello,

I need to insert photos in a PDF file. I have Adobe Acrobat Professional but I can't get it to work. Any help out there?

TIA

Harris Couwenberg

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 04:56
English to Spanish
Not easy, but... Sep 16, 2008

If you can make room for the photo, do this:

Select the STAMP icon > Select "Create Custom Stamp..." > Browse for the photo type, and name it. Click Ok.

Once named, stamp it (place it), and manually size it.

That's it.

Harris Couwenberg
Harris Couwenberg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Should do the trick Sep 16, 2008

Hello Tadzio,

thank you for your replay

the DTP person left white space for the photos, so should work, no?

will try tomorrow

saludos

Harris

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
English to Spanish
Yeah, that should do Sep 16, 2008

But the DTP person left you a hard task. The DTP should have sent you the source file; I mean, the file from where the PDF was created: InDesign, PageMaker, Quark, Word, maybe?

Well, anyway, you can do it as I said before.

Have luck.

Rimma Kehr
Rimma Kehr
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Use Adobe Illustrator to modify PDF-file Sep 16, 2008

Hi Harris,

if you have Adobe Illustrator, you can open the PDF-file, save it in the '.eps format, then add your photo, then save file with different name in format '.pdf.
You know, that Adobe Illustrator supports extentions: *.ai, *.eps and *.pdf, don't you?

Hope I could help you.

In case you don't have Adobe Illustrator, please don't hesitate to contact me. If you send me your PDF-file and your additional photo, I can help you.

Best rega
... See more
Hi Harris,

if you have Adobe Illustrator, you can open the PDF-file, save it in the '.eps format, then add your photo, then save file with different name in format '.pdf.
You know, that Adobe Illustrator supports extentions: *.ai, *.eps and *.pdf, don't you?

Hope I could help you.

In case you don't have Adobe Illustrator, please don't hesitate to contact me. If you send me your PDF-file and your additional photo, I can help you.

Best regards

Rimma
Collapse

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
English to Spanish
It works! Sep 17, 2008

Rimma Kehr wrote:
Hi Harris,
You know, that Adobe Illustrator supports extentions: *.ai, *.eps and *.pdf, don't you?Rimma

Good one, Rimma! It works!

This is new to me. Thanks a lot!

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 06:56
English to Spanish
Touch Object Tool Mar 23, 2009

From within Acrobat, select Tools > Advanced editing > TouchUp Object Tool. Then right-click on a blank area of the page and select Place Image.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Adobe Acrobat Professional

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »