Accounting Software for Freelancers
Thread poster: Tao Weber (X)
Tao Weber (X)
Tao Weber (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 10, 2002

Hello:

I was wondering if there is a reliable, well working accounting software for Freelance Translators out there??? We have TRADOS, DejaVu, IBM and what have you, but is there a accounting software that is adequate for selling \"intellectual\" goods?

Microsoft Money really doesn\'t do it, Peachtree is weak if you don\'t sell merchandise, and QickBooks Pro is horribly expensive.

Any suggestions?

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:14
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
www.translation3000.com Jan 10, 2002

Have a look at this site. The design is a bit simple and they don\'t too much advertising, but it seems to be a very good concept. I haven\'t purchased it myself, but I may give it a try later on.

Anila Mayhew (X)
Anila Mayhew (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:14
English to Albanian
+ ...
QuickBooks 2000 Jan 11, 2002

I was able to buy QuickBooks 2000 for about $70.00 including shipping from Webwrite Network Solutions. They had a special deal a couple of months ago and I don\'t know if they still have it. Here is their number: 409-684-0162.

Good luck.

Anila Mayhew

Tao Weber (X)
Tao Weber (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all :-) Jan 14, 2002

Thank you for your response

QuickBooks hosted on cloud Feb 6, 2013

I am using QuickBooks hosted on cloud from Real Time Cloud Services. It is economical, you may try it.

Mary Jane Smith
Mary Jane Smith
Estonia
Integration Feb 27, 2014

One more thing to consider is integration, how easily it is possible to move data entries from one webapp to another. I encourage you to have a closer look at Quickbooks and Freshbooks, because both of them have great integration options with CRM, ecommerce and email marketing solutions. Easy integration is important for saving time and money. No one has the time to re-type the same data in different places.

Mar Jane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accounting Software for Freelancers

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »