Raffaella Palmisano
Raffaella Palmisano  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:00
Member (2018)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 4, 2023

She came to me with a 11K word project for a seminar presentation and then I asked her for 1/2 down payment and 1/2 upon delivery. An hour later she comes to me stating that her "sponsor" sent me the whole amount of the seminar, that is "$4500", and that she wanted me to rewire them to her. This is money laundering if you are not aware, it's a crime, so do not accept anything with these conditions... See more
She came to me with a 11K word project for a seminar presentation and then I asked her for 1/2 down payment and 1/2 upon delivery. An hour later she comes to me stating that her "sponsor" sent me the whole amount of the seminar, that is "$4500", and that she wanted me to rewire them to her. This is money laundering if you are not aware, it's a crime, so do not accept anything with these conditions. I have reported her/him to the [email protected].Collapse

Michael Newton
Dalia Nour
Yaotl Altan

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:00
Danish to English
+ ...
Just theft Jul 4, 2023

That cheque would be counterfeit, so there is no money to launder. It's just an attempt to steal the money you were asked to wire back.

Robert Rietvelt
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Jennifer Levey
Kevin Fulton
Michele Fauble
Angus Stewart
Walter Landesman

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 16:00
Romanian to English
+ ...
Dear Raffaella, Jul 4, 2023

For your own wellbeing,

Please read more often the SCAM section and keep being informed.

"Money laundering" sounds fancy; unfortunately, it is a decade-old overpayment scam, discussed n-times in this forum.

Stay safe
Lee

Mr. Satan (X)
Philip Lees
Dalia Nour
Ester Vidal
Michele Fauble
Barbara Carrara

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:00
Japanese to English
+ ...
Scammer Jul 4, 2023

The wording "my sponsor" is a dead giveaway. These scammers are Nigerians and they always say "my sponsor".

Liviu-Lee Roth
Dalia Nour

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 05:00
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
And I assume that Jul 8, 2023

Michael Newton wrote:

The wording "my sponsor" is a dead giveaway. These scammers are Nigerians and they always say "my sponsor".

this sponsor is a Nigerian prince!

Liviu-Lee Roth
Michael Newton

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beware Joanna Sawin is a scammer "[email protected]"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »