Thread poster: Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 19:51
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
May 29, 2023

Hi, everyone!

It has come to the ProZ.com team's attention that a scammer or group of scammers are running a scam using Telegram. The most recent reports involve the following aliases, Telegram usernames and email addresses:

Hi, everyone!

It has come to the ProZ.com team's attention that a scammer or group of scammers are running a scam using Telegram. The most recent reports involve the following aliases, Telegram usernames and email addresses:

Some of the scam messages also attempt to impersonate "Translation Services USA", which is a real company.

The scammers use mainly @gmail.com email addresses, and the initial emails resemble the following:

Hello dear I am currently looking for a freelancer that can handle a translation job for our company if interested kindly message our company agent on TELEGRAM to know more details about the job tap the link below

t.me//Translationservicesusa

Hello good day my name is ISREAL FRHED our company has a job for freelancer with translation skills we are offering to pay $3,000 for 100 pages if interested kindly contact our company project director on (Telegram app ) by searching for the username below

@ISREALFRHED

Or tap the link below

t.me/ISREALFRHED

Hello, our company has 100 pages of English words and we are in need of someone who can translate from English to any other language if interested kindly message our company agent by searching for the username below on TELEGRAM

@Translationservicesusa

Scam alerts are sent via email to subscribed members, and logged in this folder. You can find the ProZ.com Scam Alert and Risk Management center here.

If you receive any messages that you think may be from this scammer, please don't hesitate to report it to site staff.
Collapse

Dalia Nour
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Chakib Roula
Liviu-Lee Roth
Marina Taffetani
Miranda Drew
Elif Eryiğit

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Overpayment scam using Telegram

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »