Beware of emails from "Shira Moorehouse"
Thread poster: Brittany Sanders
Brittany Sanders
Brittany Sanders  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:11
French to English
Jan 30, 2023

Today I got two emails from a "Shira Moorehouse", both saying: "I'd like to learn more about your service in translating our website content. I need this website translated into different languages." They then asked me to send them more info (specializations, availability), so they could send the website link to my phone. Sketchy!

I didn't reply to this person--this is definitely a scam. Apparently "Shira Moorehouse" has been scamming people in other industries. Just thought I'd wa
... See more
Today I got two emails from a "Shira Moorehouse", both saying: "I'd like to learn more about your service in translating our website content. I need this website translated into different languages." They then asked me to send them more info (specializations, availability), so they could send the website link to my phone. Sketchy!

I didn't reply to this person--this is definitely a scam. Apparently "Shira Moorehouse" has been scamming people in other industries. Just thought I'd warn the ProZ community.
Collapse

expressisverbis
Dalia Nour
Erin Riddle
Veronica Rodriguez

Agneta Pallinder
Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:11
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 1, 2023

Thanks Brittany - duly noted.

expressisverbis
Dalia Nour
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Erin Riddle
Erin Riddle  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:11
Member (2019)
German to English
+ ...
scam alert (still ongoing) Feb 13, 2023

I just received a similar email with the same phrasing. Thanks, Brittany.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beware of emails from "Shira Moorehouse"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »